Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Ford factory navigation hack - Pioneer based OEM unit >

Ford factory navigation hack - Pioneer based OEM unit

Notices

Ford factory navigation hack - Pioneer based OEM unit

Old 10-28-2009, 08:22 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ford factory navigation hack - Pioneer based OEM unit

Boys I'm doing this from memory, so please don't lynch me if I miss a step. Please try if interested and let me know results. If for some reason I miss a step, be patient, I will figure it out. My nav now allows me to access POI's while the vehicle is in motion. You will not find this on internet. I finally found out at work. My truck is an '08

Here we go!

1. Take vehicle outside and agree to nav instructions. The gps needs to know its position.

2. Push hard nav button (on right side of radio). Go to your address book. Pick any of one of your saved addresses. Now that address is highlighted, look to right and push soft edit button. You will now see name of saved address.

3. Clear name of saved address and type in F-DEVELOP ON
(make sure to put space between DEVELOP and ON).

4. Now look to the upper left corner and you will see the word ADDRESS. Place your finger directly under the A and hold. If you do this right, the screen should change to the map screen.

5. Now push your hard menu button (on left side of radio). Across top of radio push soft SECURITY button. You have now entered security screen. You will see nothing in the right most corner of nav screen. Push your finger and hold in that position till the screen changes.

6. You now have entered a parameter screen. Locate DRIVING RESTRICTIONS release. When you push the button it should change to driving restrictions stop. Exit the screen by pushing the soft BACK button.

7. Congrats you have just programmed your factory nav radio. NOTE: Every time you turn your vehicle off, you will need to repeat steps 5 & 6.

Good luck and enjoy. If you choose to monkey around with your other parameters, do so at your own risk. I will not be responsible for your dealer service call. If you have any further questions, please pm me and I will do my best to help. This programming sequence should work for only the so called first generation navs. It will not work in the MY09, second generation. This has been used to reprogram many MY 07 and MY 08 Ford vehicles.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 10-28-2009, 06:13 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Something cool - once you do the above instructions:
Press the sensor mode info button

Then it will bring up this screen. Touch any of the round dials, and you can select their function from the buttons on right.

How to get this info to display on the screen? The Pioneer AVIC units (which is what this nav system is) will allow this info to be displayed on the screen

There are a few pages of menu items. Who has an explanation of what they do?
For example - what is bound box display flag?

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 10-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill,

I appreciate the information. I have an 07 F150 with factory NAV and it SUCKS!

I mean it is the worst system every period!

So bad that I put a really sweet Garmin in dash unit in the Excursion and the F350. I would like to switch out the factory unit in the F150 but don't want to loose the controls on the wheel.

I'll try this and see if it makes me feel any better about it.

GREAT Trucks with Crappy Navigation

Thanks
Doc
Old 10-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doc, I have an 05 that i installed an aftermarket system in, they used something that links my controls in the wheel to the radio
Old 10-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Registered

Bill, my 08' w/built-in Pioneer Nav allows all poi functions at speed; only entering new addresses is prohibited. Purchased truck in May 07'. Now we're right @ 90k miles, only problem so far was new radiator @ 75k-Ford paid 100% even out of warranty.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Registered

But, that is very cool info...Nice work
Old 02-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Registered

Default Ford Navigation Unlock

Thanks alot, I have a 2006 Explorer I bought in March of 2009. I tried everything to unlock the Nav. 1st I put a switch on the VSS wire, which worked at slow speeds. 2nd I bought the Lockpick 360, which after I had it installed, I found out that the Ford/Pioneer OEM Nav is the only one they couldn't get it to unlock. I tried this reprogramming, worked great, the only thing, you wrote it only unlocks the POIs but on my Nav it unlocked everything, maybe because it's an older radio. thanks again