Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Don't try this at home kids!
Attached Thumbnails Towing with a Hummer H2-img_0166.jpg  
Old 02-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pro1
I dont get it. This post should be the Hummer is a great tow vehicle as long as you do not encounter a hill. Also the thing is stupid on fuel. The 1500's with 2 snowmobiles go 240 miles easy on one 24 gallon tank of fuel. The hummer takes two full tanks of fuel at 32 gallons. I told my buddy you want to take your Hummer good luck to you! Thaty truck is a joke. Yeah maybe GM made changes. This 2003 is garbage.
Not trying to change the subject. But besides towing a boat, the Hummer will out do most trucks, and suvs in every way. The list is to long, but there is always a hater. Also, I towed my old boat an Azure 220 with both the Hummer and my old 2005 Silverado 1500. The Hummer out towed it by far. The Silverado with a 5.3 aluminum block could barely get it up the ramp the Hummer does it with easy. Also I would have to put my Silverado in 4 wheel drive or it would spin tires all day long. The Hummer has flaws, just like everything. But if i had to choose one vechile for all around purposes I would choose a Hummer.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I love my 07 H2! It is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven. And it is a deceivingly smooth ride. But hook something on the hitch and the power goes kaput! I towed an enclosed single axle trailer with a couch in it recently and had to have my foot in it the whole way. But by itself, I love it. The loooong suspension travel makes it less tow worthy. T
Old 02-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

I live in Burlington, Ky. Some friends have H2s.... I have a Crown225 LPX and tow with a '04 Z71 Tahoe to Cumberland all the time.

In part, you're going to make the same trips I do. Take 75s all the way down to whatever exit (62) and for that tow vehicle, your hardest hill is going over fishing creek.

As stated prior, stay away from Jamestown . I'd check out Alligator 1. The Army Corps have done an amazing job on that ramp. Alligator 2 is a nightmare and most powerboats shut it down and radio with CBs when they come down.

Scale yourself off 71 down towards verona if you're worried about it. Stay legal and stay safe. BUUUTTTTTT...... Russell is a dry county so you have to stock up somewhere
Old 03-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Registered

I believe the H2 came with 2 different gear ratios. 4.56 or 4.10. The 4.56 gears would tow better being the lower ratio. Also, the factory tires are 315/70-17 BFG All Terrains with a D load rating which is fine for towing its weight limit. However, towing over the vehicles limit is never a good idea.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Registered

Here's a thread for ya.......

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...h2-hummer.html
Old 03-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Registered

We have an 03 h2 also that we pull our 28 foot velocity with. Braking is no problem, but power sucked. The damn things barely pull them selfs. I installed a magnasum supercharger "think that's how you spell it" any way what a defference that made. Now the only thing I have to watch is the temp gauges. Seems like the radiator is to small now. Hope this helps.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyDT
The problem is the yukon and tahoe with a 6.0 liter tows 8500 lbs. This is what I don't understand. And the Hummer has a longer wheel base than the yukon and tahoe.
What is the weight of the Tahoe/Yukon vs. the weight of the H2? That may be your answer right there. You still have to contend with GCWR (Gross Combination Weight Rating). If the weight of the H2 is more than the Tahoe, that weight difference has to be subtracted from the towing weight in order to keep the GCWR.

I can say this, I went down the road of "Well, this vehicle should be sufficient to tow my rig. I'm only a little over my tow rating." That evaporated quickly when a woman decided she really needed to get to the mall and cut over in front of me and jammed on the brakes. I quickly purchased my first dually (Chevy gas burner) and progressed to my current F450. I can let my wife tow this thing now and not worry a bit about power, braking or a potential law suit.

Just my .02.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If yall want more power drop a Duramax or a Cummins in it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.