Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Any experience with these trucks? >

Any experience with these trucks?

Notices

Any experience with these trucks?

Old 04-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any experience with these trucks?

I am looking for a late model tow truck (slide bed wrecker style) 05 and up.Im not really brand loyal to any but would like some comments on different engine/trans or mechanical issues.Currently I have looked at 5500 Chev,F650 Ford,and International all with 100-200k miles.Duramax,Cummins,DT Int ect.What would you guys buy or stay away from?
Old 04-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,245 Likes on 539 Posts

Do yourself a favor and call your insurance agent first. It has been said on here before that you can't privately own a flat bed/rollback truck for personal use. As such, your insurance agency is going to have to automatically start calculating risk for whatever you will be hauling on said truck and that puts you into a business category; which gets expensive really fast.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry,I didnt mention that the truck is for business use.