Notices

Manning trailer stinks!

Old 06-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manning trailer stinks!

I must admit I'm very unhappy with my 2007 30' Manning painted steel trailer. 2 of the brake pads froze up over the winter and broke off the other day. I went to change them and things got VERY ugly!!!!! The 4 calipers are installed at the "nine oclock" position on the axle....and this prevents me from changing the brake pads, because I can't access the lower caliper slider bolt. There is only an inch until I hit the springs, and you can't get the wrench on it...nor can you get the damn bolt OUT! The axle needs to be dropped to access that lower slider bolt. I've been told they should be installed at a 8 or 10 oclock angle.....NOT 9 oclock as mine is.

I had to cut the U bolts (due to rusty nuts etc), drop the axle, and have since rounded out the lower allen bolt in the caliper! Really pissed!!! lol I'm going to have to weld a nut on the end of the allen bolt and hopefully get it out that way..... then realign the calipers to the 8 oclock position....so in case (kill me now!) I need to change them again, it doesn't take me a month to do and don't have to drop the axles etc. etc. etc.

I must admit I'm very unhappy and totally dissatisfied with Manning and will never buy another one, nor recommend one to anyone. To top things off.....Manning tells me they don't even have Kodiak 250 pads in stock..... What a JOKE! Go MYCO next time for sure!

Has anyone had these issues??????

Last edited by JayFan; 07-01-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The pads for the 250's are the same as ones used on Cadillacs, and a couple other cars . I forget the yr and models though. Try Kodiaks website
Old 06-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
The pads for the 250's are the same as ones used on Cadillacs, and a couple other cars . I forget the yr and models though. Try Kodiaks website
You are correct..... I did get those at the autostore, but the Kodiak ones are "better" they say, and are warrantied for life.

Last edited by JayFan; 07-01-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have the Kodiak parts on my Myco, but warranty for life? Good to know.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They make extractors that should remove the stripped allen.Call me by 12:00 tomorrow 609-432-9044 you are a one day zone you would have them Friday.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Registered

I want to clarify something...... Manning trailers are GOOD solid trailers....however I'm very disappointed in the way the axle's and brake calipers are set up from the factory on my trailer, with NO WAY to access the brake pads for routine maintenance. With a few days of my labor I'm going to "correct" the issue and will have a very solid trailer.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a buddy that ordered one for a 42 Tiger,the only thing was on the bottom side it didnt get enough paint in areas, they did build it in a real short time for him.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Myco Myco Myco
Old 07-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I've owned two used Myco's and ordered a brand new Manning for our former Cigarette. The Manning was just as good as the Myco in every way for alot less money!
Attached Thumbnails Manning trailer stinks!-dsc00288oso.jpg  
Old 07-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JayFan
You are correct..... I did get those at the autostore, but the Kodiak ones are "better" they say, and are warrantied for life.
Pads warranted for life are a joke, keep inspecting those pads and rotors often. Generally it just means they are so hard they tear up the rotors first and wind up costing you more $. Softer pads seat faster, easier on rotors, and are cheaper. Randy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.