Notices

2011 GM Trucks.......

Old 08-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
that sucks for the owner.......
And he's likely to be angry at GM somehow for not warrantying his big power upgrade........
Old 08-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
And he's likely to be angry at GM somehow for not warrantying his big power upgrade........
Hey you got to PAY to PLAY!

I like fast cars but realize my diesel truck, although it has the potential to be fast is still a heavy, poor handling work "tool." I need it to earn a living not win races. So after 159K miles in 7 soon to be 8 years it hasn't had a single repair under the hood with the exception of a water pump at 106K miles and a set of injectors (under warranty) at 145K miles. That K&N filter upgrade must have not blown it up yet!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Hey you got to PAY to PLAY!

I like fast cars but realize my diesel truck, although it has the potential to be fast is still a heavy, poor handling work "tool." I need it to earn a living not win races. So after 159K miles in 7 soon to be 8 years it hasn't had a single repair under the hood with the exception of a water pump at 106K miles and a set of injectors (under warranty) at 145K miles. That K&N filter upgrade must have not blown it up yet!
I agree with you.. I use to add a few performance items to help with towing the heavy loads. I always used the lowest setting or tune tune, and drive the trucks responsible. I also have many high mileage GM and Ford diesel trucks. WHAT Im really liking is thsee higher hp/tq in these 2011 trucks..it is like they have that tow tune allready installed..and I again am leaving my Ford and GM trucks stock. Ford just announced they are upping the HP/TQ to 400/800, and anyone who has bought a truck just has to come in for the update...anyone who chips these trucks is crazy...all this come with a factory warranty.and if you want something fast go buy a Challenger, Camaro, or Mustang..
Old 08-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are things you can do to these trucks to get more hp/tq and not void your warranty; fuel pump upgrade, water/methanol, nitrous, air filter, intake manifold, intercooler upgrade etc. Bully Dog has a new multi-stage nitrous setup so you don't shoot it all at once, possibly blowing the motor.

All those things might not be available for the 2011s though...
Old 08-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Catmando
There are things you can do to these trucks to get more hp/tq and not void your warranty; fuel pump upgrade, water/methanol, nitrous, air filter, intake manifold, intercooler upgrade etc. Bully Dog has a new multi-stage nitrous setup so you don't shoot it all at once, possibly blowing the motor.

All those things might not be available for the 2011s though...
any of the performance upgrades you mentioned will mearly decrease engine life. Even if you drive responsibly there will always be those occasional times when your foot will be buried. Truely these new diesels have enough power for the heavy hauler... for the enthusiast, probably not... but all I care about is getting longevity out of these diesels for the heavy loads they pull daily.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jassman
any of the performance upgrades you mentioned will mearly decrease engine life. Even if you drive responsibly there will always be those occasional times when your foot will be buried. Truely these new diesels have enough power for the heavy hauler... for the enthusiast, probably not... but all I care about is getting longevity out of these diesels for the heavy loads they pull daily.
Maybe on your Duramax and Powerstroke motors but Cummins diesels are built like brick sh!thouses. A little nitrous is not going to faze them. And water/methanol is for cooler EGTs and better fuel mileage. Who's not for that?? The others I mentioned are for better air and fuel flow. Again, who's not for that?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Catmando
Maybe on your Duramax and Powerstroke motors but Cummins diesels are built like brick sh!thouses. A little nitrous is not going to faze them. And water/methanol is for cooler EGTs and better fuel mileage. Who's not for that?? The others I mentioned are for better air and fuel flow. Again, who's not for that?
Ive had them all, the Cummins is nothing special, it has it quirks as well.. and the weakest tranny of them all. For 2011 they are behind the times in the HP/TQ wars. They are #3 in sales, and as a company are failing miserably..they should have gotten with the program. The 05 we have does have over 200 or 210k, cant remember, but has not been any better than the 05 6.0 and 6.6 Ford and GM diesels, both of which has 250-260k. The guys prefer to drive those for some reason.The Dodge has more rattles and the interior has worn badly.Front end sucks, wanders and We have gone through 2 trannies and it is in the shop again..YES, for its 3rd tranny and something in the motor..some balancer..Im waiting to get the bill. Everyone knocks the 6.0.. we have had good luck with them... and they are all stock...and got just about everything covered under warranty cause of it. Any time you put anything on these trucks, like you have mentioned...I dont care who you are, but you can kiss your warranty good bye.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Ive had them all, the Cummins is nothing special, it has it quirks as well.. and the weakest tranny of them all. For 2011 they are behind the times in the HP/TQ wars. They are #3 in sales, and as a company are failing miserably..they should have gotten with the program. The 05 we have does have over 200 or 210k, cant remember, but has not been any better than the 05 6.0 and 6.6 Ford and GM diesels, both of which has 250-260k. The guys prefer to drive those for some reason.The Dodge has more rattles and the interior has worn badly.Front end sucks, wanders and We have gone through 2 trannies and it is in the shop again..YES, for its 3rd tranny and something in the motor..some balancer..Im waiting to get the bill. Everyone knocks the 6.0.. we have had good luck with them... and they are all stock...and got just about everything covered under warranty cause of it. Any time you put anything on these trucks, like you have mentioned...I dont care who you are, but you can kiss your warranty good bye.
Deal breaker for me on the Dodge is the "Made in Mexico" sticker on the doorjam. GM diesel's are still coming out of Flint, MI and Ford is Dearborn or Texas I believe.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on the Service Manager at the dealership. Trust I know.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Registered

Ford superduty out of Kentucky, at least the F250- F-450. F-650 I believe mexico, no thanks...................................Robertjr. ................................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.