Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice rig Jeff
Old 09-10-2010, 07:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
nice rig Jeff
Thanks, really like this truck. First time I got Nav.. and love the hands free sync phone, and how I can take a cd with like 20 songs on it and it records them into the hard drive so that I dont have to bring cds in the truck.. I guess it records up to 2400 songs.. very cool.. and Im getting great mileage out of he.. averaging around 17 with about 80% city driving..
Old 09-10-2010, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
Thanks, really like this truck. First time I got Nav.. and love the hands free sync phone, and how I can take a cd with like 20 songs on it and it records them into the hard drive so that I dont have to bring cds in the truck.. I guess it records up to 2400 songs.. very cool.. and Im getting great mileage out of he.. averaging around 17 with about 80% city driving..
Are you calculating your mileage by hand? The lie-o-meters in these trucks seem to be farther off than most. On a trip to and from Saratoga this weekend picking up horses, our 2011 F450 was showing 12.8mpg on the gauge, but when calculated was only getting 8.9 I know they are all off some, but gees, that is ridiculous for a bone stock truck.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Registered

I have been thinking really hard about one of thess. Thanks for the report Jeff!
Old 09-10-2010, 12:14 PM
87cafe
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
That is a good looking truck!! I had two 7.3s before the 6.0 came out and scared me away. I went with the 04 Duramax that had/has injector issues as well. I test drove one a week or so ago and the power description is right on.

Good luck with her.
yes indeed the new duramax has great power!
Old 09-10-2010, 12:16 PM
87cafe
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jassman
Thanks.. so far so good.. really enjoying her.. Drive to Atlanta next week hauling 12k..

Here's the update on the 325 60 R20 BFG's. slightly wider and 1.2" taller. Ride is actually better, I was worried about this. Handling is slightly better, less sway, and whats drastically improved is the loose steering response when going over bumpy road conditions. There is less of that wandering around going over uneven surfaces... I didnt get much of a chance to see if turning radius was much different. Overall I am extremely pleased. Now as to the actual speedo.. @ 50 mph GPS read 51 @ 60 mph GPS almost read 62 AND @ 70 gps almost read 73 @ 80 MPH GPS read a little more than 83... Im going to see what has to be done to get this recalculated at Ford. Will be going in for my flash and oil change, looking forward to that. If anyone looking for some Michelon 275 65 R20's with 2k miles on them.. just pm me..
beautiful truck jeff, i love the way the new fords look, i just cant get away from chevy! lol
Old 09-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Bathtub
Are you calculating your mileage by hand? The lie-o-meters in these trucks seem to be farther off than most. On a trip to and from Saratoga this weekend picking up horses, our 2011 F450 was showing 12.8mpg on the gauge, but when calculated was only getting 8.9 I know they are all off some, but gees, that is ridiculous for a bone stock truck.
For the first 1500 miles I calculated both ways. The Lie-O-meter was showing 2 tenths better than me hand calculating it. One time it was a mile off, I just chocked it up to me not doing it correctly. Now that I have the larger tires I have not tried it. I go on a 600 mile trip next week and will do both to see what the tires have an effect on the mileage. Im in the process of getting my speedo recalculated to make up the discrepency of the larger tires.
All I can say the mileage is way better than my 08 Duramax's, and 6.4 Ford, and a little better than my 6.0 litre fords. All around this Ford is an improved truck in all areas. I have driven the new Duramax and same thing there..they have really improved as well. They have a lighter feel and still a little more car like. They also have more sway, but no softer of a ride. The interior is cheap feeling, and not as laid out..but I think they look better. The GM is just slightly quicker even after my new 400/800 flash..or at least it feels by the seat of your pants..it could be cause it is louder..I guess we will all read about it in next months article. Drive both and see what works for you.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bathtub
My 06 Dodge dually's overhead was 3-3.5 mpg off. Can't trust 'em.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
beautiful truck jeff, i love the way the new fords look, i just cant get away from chevy! lol
It's all good.. I get to drive my carpenters truck daily if I want and we have traded before..change of pace, and give our honest feedback. There is always plus and minus, and the Ford in previous years was the better hauler. GM has really picked up their game, the new 11 GM is extremely close in towing stability, has better looks in my eyes, but lacks the interior materials, egernomics and comfort of the new Fords. Its way closer and Im happy there is competetion. Ive always been a GM man, but Ford gets a slight nod on their trucks.

Oh ya, get with Craig from Gulf Coast Offshore, the Patriot Poker Run is coming up end of this month.. we need more boats..
Old 09-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
I have been thinking really hard about one of thess. Thanks for the report Jeff!
No problem..Drive them both.. Im also pleased with our11 Duramax. See earlier responses.. We will be working these trucks hard the remaining of the year, and giving a break to some of the older diesels.. I will give progress reports on both..at the moment I prefer the Ford for towing the 12k trailer, less sway loaded and unloaded, way better interior, more room and comfort, and better transmision. On the GMC, looks better, better brakes-lighter, slightly quicker, better traction control...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.