Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
2004 F550 Crew Cab w/ pickup box >

2004 F550 Crew Cab w/ pickup box

Notices

2004 F550 Crew Cab w/ pickup box

Old 09-10-2010, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pat@osp
Hey Bathtub,

What brand and model of tires did you end up getting for the truck? Do you have factory 6" wide wheels and the 245's fit OK? I need new tires for mine and have been thinking 245's or even 265's instead of 225's to see if it would soften the ride a little and also take some effective gearing away. I'm pretty sure that the 265's will be to wide for the wheel.

Thanks, Pat
I went with Goodyear G647 load range G tires. They are all position tires and yes they fit on the factory 6" wide wheels, I do not think that 265's will though, and even if they fit on the wheels spacing between the duals might be a problem. They are 1.5" taller overall (will raise truck 3/4") and fit the wheel wells great. I have put close to 40k miles on these tires so far and I will say that these tires ride excellent and are very quiet. I'm not getting as good of tread life out of them as I hoped, but that is mainly due to too much in town driving.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bathtub
I went with Goodyear G647 load range G tires. They are all position tires and yes they fit on the factory 6" wide wheels, I do not think that 265's will though, and even if they fit on the wheels spacing between the duals might be a problem. They are 1.5" taller overall (will raise truck 3/4") and fit the wheel wells great. I have put close to 40k miles on these tires so far and I will say that these tires ride excellent and are very quiet. I'm not getting as good of tread life out of them as I hoped, but that is mainly due to too much in town driving.
Thanks for the info. I'll check them out.

Thanks, Pat