Notices

F650 ? or no?

Old 09-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim G.
The RV thing cracks me up....
Just picture yourself getting stopped by the DOT... and as the trooper walks up to your big truck just as you pop out the parking brake air valve......
Yeah, this is an RV....
Almost every RV I know of thats diesel has air parking brakes.... Whats the connection?

Plus its legal, under 26k, written on the license plate. Just because theres a coupler between the truck and the trailer instead of being all in one big long box doesnt mean it can't be registered as an RV.

Last edited by waterboy222; 09-14-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by outriggers
Can you own a "personal" not for commercial use F650 to pull your own boat or RV?
Yes you can, waterboy is right on everything he said. There were three of us running together on the way to loto, got pulled over and made us pull in the scales. We had two 650's and one 3500 pulling 37' and two 39' boats. We weighed 24000, 28000, 32000 lbs. and some change. They said we was commercial, we was not commercial they kept trying to get us to admit that we was a business. Which we was not, after a hour and a half, them making phone calls to tenn dot they couldn't do nothing but let us go. There was a couple of the officers that was jackasses, the others said we should not have been pulled in. One guy kept asking how much the rigs cost, seemed like it made him mad that he didn't have one. You do not need commercial tags or commercial dl to pull your personal rig down the highway. You show them you truck and boat is in your name and there is nothing else to talk about. Like waterboy said why would you have commercial dl and tags if it is in your personal name. If it is registered in you company name for tax purposes or other reasons now its back to the commercial thing, and you need tags to cover the weight of truck and boat and the commercial dl like someone said earlier.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:07 AM
Registered

RV licensing exempts a driver from a CDL and does not allow for commercial hauling but it DOES NOT allow you to drive a vehicle without the proper class non-commercial license.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Sounds like a nice rig Mat r u sure its not a white ??????

NO, it is black. Why do you ask if it is white?

thanks,
Mat
Old 09-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mcraymond3
I have a 2005 F650 4x4 that I am planning on selling soon. It is black, has CAT/ Allison, super singles and only 25,000 miles. Let me know if you have any interest. Can take your truck on trade too. Asking $79,000

Mat
910-787-4101
Can you email me pics and all details if this is still available?? Thanks [email protected]
Old 09-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nitrousnolan
Can you email me pics and all details if this is still available?? Thanks [email protected]
email sent. Thanks! Mat
Old 09-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mean streak
Yes you can, waterboy is right on everything he said. There were three of us running together on the way to loto, got pulled over and made us pull in the scales. We had two 650's and one 3500 pulling 37' and two 39' boats. We weighed 24000, 28000, 32000 lbs. and some change. They said we was commercial, we was not commercial they kept trying to get us to admit that we was a business. Which we was not, after a hour and a half, them making phone calls to tenn dot they couldn't do nothing but let us go. There was a couple of the officers that was jackasses, the others said we should not have been pulled in. One guy kept asking how much the rigs cost, seemed like it made him mad that he didn't have one. You do not need commercial tags or commercial dl to pull your personal rig down the highway. You show them you truck and boat is in your name and there is nothing else to talk about. Like waterboy said why would you have commercial dl and tags if it is in your personal name. If it is registered in you company name for tax purposes or other reasons now its back to the commercial thing, and you need tags to cover the weight of truck and boat and the commercial dl like someone said earlier.
What he said, I was the guy in the Dually that weighed 24,000#'s. I was standing in the weigh station looking at my watch figuring great....we are gonna hit St. Louis rush hour. I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong. I have been through this before. My rig can weigh as much as 27,000#'s depending on truck / boat fuel level and tools. I go 29K with my 53' toy hauler loaded. I have been stopped and weighed in it before. Once he looked inside the RV (which I allowed him to do) he saw our living quarters, rhino's, dog food bowls and crockpot and let me go since it is and RV.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ive got a Peterbilt 4x4 that I made a pickup be so it looks old school with 26000 gvws and it tows my 30 motion and a 42 excaliber alot nicer than a 1 ton its a big truck with big mirrows and it makes towing real nice
Old 09-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by weldcrane
Ive got a Peterbilt 4x4 that I made a pickup be so it looks old school with 26000 gvws and it tows my 30 motion and a 42 excaliber alot nicer than a 1 ton its a big truck with big mirrows and it makes towing real nice
weldcrane , post some pix!!!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 06:54 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Matt (mcraymond3) built mine; 2008 C7 Cat we have had it two years and it is awesome. Milage is a little less then the GMC duallies I had before but it is in a league of it's own.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.