Notices

08 F450 in classifieds

Old 10-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 08 F450 in classifieds

Halfway looking at the white F450 in the classifieds.... http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o35955-en.html
Any opinions from 6.4 owners??? The truck has tuner and DPF delete... I would think this would improve the reliability, but I want to hear it from people that have a similar setup.

I have a Duramax truck now... The truck is as reliable as a rock. so it's going to be hard to beat.... I just don't want to regret it if I make the switch.

I like the truck, but I haven't spoken to the owner yet (want to make sure I want it, and waiting for his price to come down into reality)

Thanks
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 10-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

thats a good looking truck.. if you like all the mods.. I do.. but.. for what I do and resale, I would get the new 6.7. Approx. 55k for a Mac Daddy loaded one and warranted. With the programmer on that 08, and they are all detectable.. No Warranty. Now I also have an 08 Duramax and 6.4, been very good to us.(not for sale). The Ford has everything that the 08 truck has except the programmer. The Duramax is all stock. many miles on these trucks, and have been good to us. Also have an 05 Duramax and 6.0 Ford.. you know the one every hates.. over 250k on those....they look bad, but still run and in service. Good luck. Jeff
Old 10-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

The truck looks great.
Strange how someone would "shave" the wheels down. I'd think there may be some structure issue once "shaved".

The new 6.7 truck would be the best way to go... It just depends if and when the owner of the 08 lowers his price.
In general, the lift and big wheels don't bring more on a resale... Many time buyers take a pass on it because the lift and other mods create issues...So the truck is only worth what a stock one is...
then the cost difference between buying the used 08 and a new 6.7 makes sense.
I agree, don't spend 55k on the 08 when I can go get a new one for 55k.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 10-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Tim,

One of the current trends is to take the 22.5 semi wheels and shave 1/2" off the diameter so they can run 22" offroad or low-pro tires. It's taken off the outer lip of the wheel, so only 1/4" is taken off the edge. A setup like that runs between $3K used to $6K+ new; not including the lift.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is one awesome looking truck (right up there with Hot Ducks). But I agree, might be a tough sell if you are able to pick up a new one for that amount.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

I used it this summer to pull the Cig to the Uglys pre party. It is a BAD mofo. Gets looks everywhere. You will not be disapointed.
I could not even hook up my Ele o Hd brakes due to Fords wiring. Still stopped it NO porblem.

Some pics on here somewhere w my rig n tow.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The truck in the classifieds is mine some people might say its overpriced some my not. I know there is no way you could come close to building one with all the stuff this one has for what I'm asking. If your into these types of trucks then that is who will buy it for half of what it would cost you to build one. It's like boats we all try to find them that have good parts and stuff redone already because we all know what it would cost to build them from original or stock. I work for Ford and I know I can't touch one for 55k fully loaded. I checked on one a couple weeks ago and for a fully loaded out one was 72k for a 2011. Best price I could get on A-plan was 61k. If it sells it sells just wanting to do a 650 next. The truck is a blast turns a ton of heads and it's a pulling beast just threw it out there if someone has interest.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Have done it a few times and I am doing it again on a f450. The tires do make a big difference in the ride!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carter38
The truck in the classifieds is mine some people might say its overpriced some my not. I know there is no way you could come close to building one with all the stuff this one has for what I'm asking. If your into these types of trucks then that is who will buy it for half of what it would cost you to build one. It's like boats we all try to find them that have good parts and stuff redone already because we all know what it would cost to build them from original or stock. I work for Ford and I know I can't touch one for 55k fully loaded. I checked on one a couple weeks ago and for a fully loaded out one was 72k for a 2011. Best price I could get on A-plan was 61k. If it sells it sells just wanting to do a 650 next. The truck is a blast turns a ton of heads and it's a pulling beast just threw it out there if someone has interest.
I agree totally, someone that has built a truck like you have can see the value in your price... It is always cheaper to buy one built. That Z06 Vette is sitting at the ford lot now.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcraymond3
Have done it a few times and I am doing it again on a f450. The tires do make a big difference in the ride!
I am looking at a new 2011 Ford or GMC 3500 and I wan to put 22" American Force Wheels on it. Is it true all that is needed is a level kit? How has it affected the ride and milage? thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.