Notices

What is my Excursion worth?

Old 10-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Spend 6-8k on a kit from destroked and a junk yard cummins and keep it.
Best advice on this thread yet.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Not worth sh!t without a diesel.
wrong (again)....it is a nice clean truck and for someone that isn't daily driving it/commuting long distances and needs a lot of seats it is priceless! Have you priced a new Suburban lately? Not real hard to spend 50K.....that is a lot for a vehicle to load up and tow a boat to the lake 10 times a year whereas this would be perfect.

This truck is worth all of the asking price and for an extra high capacity vehicle it is priceless. I know a guy that bought one just to leave at his house in the keys, he can load 10 people in it and go to dinner! Not one time did I hear anyone complain it wasn't a diesel or that it got poor gas mileage.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

The V10 has a lot of torque and tows well not in overdrive. I had one that would get 15mpg highway and 6-8mpg towing 10,000 pounds. I was not really a big fan of that SUV. I much prefer a dually diesel for towing. A simply awful everyday vehicle. Hard to park and lousy milage. If used as a third vehicle for weekend getaways with a trailer in tow they are great.

Last edited by Brad Zastrow; 10-10-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The gas ones are hot around here all of a sudden. People realize that it can be that thrid vehicle for cheap money!

They are bullet proof and the amount you save on the purchase would take 4 years to get back in fuel savings with the diesel if you dont tow all over the place or comute long distances.

My dodge ram 2500 got 8.5 MPG (35 inch tires) gallon and it sucked but It would have taken years to pay off the difference between stepping up to a deisel. At the time the majority of my work was very local so it made alot of sense to go gas. I can tell you it pulled anything I threw at iot with ease too.

Not to mention all the head stud issues and other problems the 6.0 ford deisel had what a POS!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
wrong (again)....it is a nice clean truck and for someone that isn't daily driving it/commuting long distances and needs a lot of seats it is priceless! Have you priced a new Suburban lately? Not real hard to spend 50K.....that is a lot for a vehicle to load up and tow a boat to the lake 10 times a year whereas this would be perfect.

This truck is worth all of the asking price and for an extra high capacity vehicle it is priceless. I know a guy that bought one just to leave at his house in the keys, he can load 10 people in it and go to dinner! Not one time did I hear anyone complain it wasn't a diesel or that it got poor gas mileage.
his truck is worth all of the asking price and for an extra high capacity vehicle it is priceless.+1
Old 10-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One thing about Mark Terry, the vehicle will be perfect.

I have been in this truck and you could serve lunch on the engine compartment. This truck is immucalate inside and out. It is a 10+ on its running gear.

If you ever wanted an Excursion this is the one to buy. Pay a little more , but get a whole lot in return.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

+1
Old 11-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI

It's worth what someone is willing to pay.

I put it on ebay with a reserve of $11K and it sold for $11,400.00. I think the buyer got a great deal and I am happy as well.

I had a dozen calls from Texas to Florida. It is a hot vehicle right now and one guy wishes he had gone ahead and bought it offline. He thought it would not sell!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
FYI

It's worth what someone is willing to pay.

I put it on ebay with a reserve of $11K and it sold for $11,400.00. I think the buyer got a great deal and I am happy as well.

I had a dozen calls from Texas to Florida. It is a hot vehicle right now and one guy wishes he had gone ahead and bought it offline. He thought it would not sell!
congrats on the sale