Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
loadmaster trailer- what do you think? >

loadmaster trailer- what do you think?

Notices

loadmaster trailer- what do you think?

Old 11-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

I have always been under the impression...if you are gonna spend money on a boat, you should really consider an above average trailer. espcially on a boat that is 35'.

look into the florida manufacturers...float on, slide on, fast load, real x, hit tech marine, american, etc...

dont skimp on a trailer its not the appropriate place to cut corners.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moses0324
I have always been under the impression...if you are gonna spend money on a boat, you should really consider an above average trailer. espcially on a boat that is 35'.

look into the florida manufacturers...float on, slide on, fast load, real x, hit tech marine, american, etc...

dont skimp on a trailer its not the appropriate place to cut corners.
Load Master (Port Clinton, OH) isnt a mass produced "cheap" trailer. You dont just pick one off the lot, they build your trailer to fit your boat. Theese things arent a one size fits all 2 bunk style build.

..Did I mention that they wont rot from the inside out.

Last edited by THRILLSEEKER; 11-05-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Registered

That was what I liked about their design, the "c" channel beams, rather than the box style. This way, you can paint the entire surface. I'm not trying to skimp on a trailer, I just really don't use the trailer very often and don't see the point in letting it sit in the weeds somewhere spending double the money. I guess i'm a little practical.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

What's the difference between loadmaster port Clinton and loadmaster Tampa? Are they totally different companies? I have a loadmaster with surge brakes and would like to have it upgraded to disc brakes
Old 01-14-2011, 06:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

I will say I am happy with my Aluminum HI-TECH trailer. The price was right - LED's KODIAK DISC's, etc...
Old 01-14-2011, 07:04 AM
Registered

Loadmaster trailers in Florida manufacture aluminum trailers, the Ohio company manufactures steel trailers. I have a Loadmaster Aluminum trailer that tows very well, their customer service is great, helped with a VIN problem and even though I bought it used it did not seem to matter to them. Went out of their way to help me.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Registered

I had a Aluminum trailer break on me last wensday and am going to buy a new tandom I am about to pull the trigger on a LM but will do alittle more research on the above mentioned brands ...I don't think I will ever get an Aluminium trailer again though.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would buy another Load Master (Ohio) trailer in a second. Gary Straw and his crew are top notch.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by boater777777
...I don't think I will ever get an Aluminium trailer again though.
Some of us don't have that luxury!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Registered

My trailer was built by Ultimate Trailers Inc. Twin I beam alluminum tandem. Haulled my 28 footer from Cape Coral to North Alabama with out stopping except for fuel and I made the trip from Huntsville AL to Ft Walton without a problem. About 50 miles round trip to go to the marina and drop the boat in from my house. surge disk brakes and all.
Pretty inexpensive trailer too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.