Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Chevy Dominates Ford in Tow Test - pickuptrucks.com >

Chevy Dominates Ford in Tow Test - pickuptrucks.com

Notices

Chevy Dominates Ford in Tow Test - pickuptrucks.com

Old 11-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
While you're at it, about the injectors, why don't you find out why they won't even offer a DMAX/Allison combo in the Suburban/Yukon XL? Even if you had to order the damn combo, maybe the morons at GM would finally get their heads out of their asses, and build a useful SUV! I mean as far as I know, the Presidents Fleet of Secret Service vehicles has this combo, now why can't we?
1) The Allison won't fit between the SUV's frame rails as built by GM.
2) They don't. They drive 6.2L 2500s. (They had the 8.1L versions before that.)
3) Google "duraburb"

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-16-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

burbcummins are popular too.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_Bigdog
The above is not accurate.....

DMAX of Moraine, Ohio is a manufacturer of Diesel engines for trucks.Originally A joint venture between General Motors and Isuzu Motors, the formation of DMAX was announced in December 1998. General Motors acquired a majority stake of the venture in 2003, including all engine designs. The company's Duramax V8 engine has been extremely successful for GM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMAX_%28engines%29

The Duramax is a great motor!
Couldn't agree more. I've owned 3 and definately love my LBZ. I'll avoid the new model with all the emissions. Not a fan of having to put urea in a engine.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
Couldn't agree more. I've owned 3 and definately love my LBZ. I'll avoid the new model with all the emissions. Not a fan of having to put urea in a engine.
you will only be able to avoid it so long....it's not that bad, just costly. Actually, we drive 35-40k a year per truck, and previous years I was changing oil at 5k..now with the new motors it lets you know when its time to change depending on use..more highway, city and or pulling. Its been averaging 7k miles on both trucks, GMC and Ford...so when you throw that into the cost equation, its about the same.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SDFever
Well,,,,,,, which Duramax are you talking? Every single version of it in the light trucks are all 6.6 Litre.
It is not a production engine.....about all I'll say.

edit: actually I believe the 4.5 is common knowledge, just can't talk about the status.

Last edited by rlj676; 11-17-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
While you're at it, about the injectors, why don't you find out why they won't even offer a DMAX/Allison combo in the Suburban/Yukon XL? Even if you had to order the damn combo, maybe the morons at GM would finally get their heads out of their asses, and build a useful SUV! I mean as far as I know, the Presidents Fleet of Secret Service vehicles has this combo, now why can't we?
This has been studied. The cost to make it work kills the business case, as the demographic that would buy these (although diehards) isn't big enough to recoup the investments.

It isn't quite just drop it in and sell it unfortunately. I think it would be a bad ass setup.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Diesel Power ??

Originally Posted by ttuton
Check out the current issue of Diesel Power for yourself
Diesel Power ? That magazine has stated things as fact on more than one occassion that have not been true.

I'm not saying this particular acticle is littered with misinformation, but I'd certainly not believe what you read in that magazine as gospel.

Back on topic : I really like the look and stats of the 2011 GMC dually's, which is hard for me to say since I've been a Cummins/Dodge guy.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie B.
Diesel Power ? That magazine has stated things as fact on more than one occassion that have not been true.

I'm not saying this particular acticle is littered with misinformation, but I'd certainly not believe what you read in that magazine as gospel.

Back on topic : I really like the look and stats of the 2011 GMC dually's, which is hard for me to say since I've been a Cummins/Dodge guy.
Dodge has something coming out in about 9 mos..and I think they have the best looking truck of the 3.. and Im a Ford and GM man.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlj676
edit: actually I believe the 4.5 is common knowledge, just can't talk about the status.
Too late now!

Glad a clean balance sheet will bring the cobwebs off. And when they bolt a 6L90 behind it, it'll fit in the SUVs.

The Allison might be great, but I see no reason why a mild Dmax wouldn't work with a nicely prepped 4L85. That's my plan at least...
Old 11-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by handfulz28
Too late now!

Glad a clean balance sheet will bring the cobwebs off. And when they bolt a 6L90 behind it, it'll fit in the SUVs.

The Allison might be great, but I see no reason why a mild Dmax wouldn't work with a nicely prepped 4L85. That's my plan at least...
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about production happening for anything just yet.

I'm hoping the right decisions are made and finalized.

However, fuel economy is the name of the game in the future, and the US gov is pushing hybrids and setting up the regulations in that manner.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.