Notices

Sound deadening.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts
Default Sound deadening.

Just some fyi for guys with big trucks or in my case my jeep. I was tired of the road noise and heat being lost so I decided to do some insulating. I have used dynamat before and it is great just very expensive. I did some searching and found a product called "peal and seal" at lowes for 16 bucks per roll. did the whole jeep with it and double layers on floor boards and rear floor. WOW, what a difference. with the hardtop on I always was in an echo chamber, but now it is nice and quiet, road noise is gone, only thing left to do is the doors.

it peels and applys just like dynamat and at a 1/3 the cost..only 144 bucks for 9 rolls.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

cool thanks.. I have 2 VW Jetta's with the performance tires and make more road noise than previous VW's. I was thinking of just getting some different tires, but will try this first. Have a great New Year. JJ
Old 12-31-2010, 12:02 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

Good to know Rob; thanks! How much for you to line my Tahoe and Dually?
Old 12-31-2010, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Or an Excursion? I was just thinking about doing something like this earlier this week. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

it comes in 6"x25' rolls, tough part is removing all the carpets and such. took me about 6 or so hours for the jeep. Brian bring some hotties up and we can make a day of it, lol
Old 12-31-2010, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

Is it for automotive use? does the stuff have any temp rating??.....hopefully when the floor of the truck gets really hot with engine/exhaust heat in the summer it doesnt come ungluded and make a huge smell/mess.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Just some fyi for guys with big trucks or in my case my jeep. I was tired of the road noise and heat being lost so I decided to do some insulating. I have used dynamat before and it is great just very expensive. I did some searching and found a product called "peal and seal" at lowes for 16 bucks per roll. did the whole jeep with it and double layers on floor boards and rear floor. WOW, what a difference. with the hardtop on I always was in an echo chamber, but now it is nice and quiet, road noise is gone, only thing left to do is the doors.

it peels and applys just like dynamat and at a 1/3 the cost..only 144 bucks for 9 rolls.
Thanks for the heads up. My Ghetto Bentley needs a little less noise inside...
Old 01-01-2011, 06:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Is it for automotive use? does the stuff have any temp rating??.....hopefully when the floor of the truck gets really hot with engine/exhaust heat in the summer it doesnt come ungluded and make a huge smell/mess.
not designated for auto its for roofing, and the smell is the same as with dynamat, barely distinguishable as both are rubber with a small amount of tar-ish substrate with a shiney aluminum backing, i have double the width over top of the area where the exhaust runs and no burning or heat related issues. search it on youtube there are vids of people installing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M45GX...eature=related

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 01-01-2011 at 06:55 AM.