Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Convert 2003 GMC to a 2010 model??? >

Convert 2003 GMC to a 2010 model???

Notices

Convert 2003 GMC to a 2010 model???

Old 01-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Convert 2003 GMC to a 2010 model???

Hi guys!!

I live in Norway Europe and I am a big enthusiast and owner of trucks. I currently own a 2002 GMC 3500 Dually crew cab 8 ft bed Denali edition with 19,5 Alcoas etc. I absolutely love the truck, but I am looking for something newer after 100.000 miles in it.

As Europe got new rules for light cargo vehicles in 2006, the US trucks are no longer legal or imported......... Therefor, I have to buy a truck that is already inNorway, but I want the new 2010 cars.. There is one 2003 here with legal 4 seats in it.

I am wondering if it is possible to convert this 2003 GMC 3500 Dually to a approx 2010 "Denali" ??

Convert (replace);
FRONT / HOOD / BUMPER This is the most important
FRONT WINGS to match front
BED to match front wings
CAB Looks very similar....
INTERIOR (wish the new dash if possible. Want light beige or offwhite to kontrast the black paint!)
NEW 22,5" Alcoas

Engine is OK for me (LB7)
What would you reccomend to do to make things easy and not too expencive?

THANKS!!!

Erik
NORWAY

Ps. here are some shots of my truck: http://www.playmarine.no/default.asp?pageid=7221
Old 01-22-2011, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think any of what u mentioned is feasible. That truck of urs has plenty of life left in it. If u want to change its look a bit get some fusion or road armor bumpers, aftermarket grill, a after market hood, and maybe even a mild lift kit and some new tires and wheels.

That lb7 Duramax has many more miles left in it. Worst case scenario a set of injectors down the road.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:14 AM
Registered

Thanks,

Yes my 2002 will probably haul the 47 Founains to the moon and back. No question about that. I love the car!!

BUT, I have tdriven it so much, and I also want something newer. I want a refresh in my trucking.... And it should look stock. No unoriginal parts. But there is lik 4 or 5 trucks here in this country that is newer than 2002 and with DRW and Crew cab........ So the 2003 with BOSE, steering wheel buttons, 5 seats and low milage could be an option. But I want a truck that is a showpiece!! And look like no other truck in Scandinavia!!!

Is it possible to bolt on the bed and cab onto the 2003 frame?
Old 01-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Registered

People are allways putting the newer fronts on, you see them on ebay all the time, a towing company not to far from my shop has the new Caddy fronts on 2 of his trucks.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Registered

For one thing, there's no possible way to get the new interior to fit correctly, completely different layout from before, panels from the dash and door etc...nothing will line up correctly. Stuff could be done custom fabbed but heck, you may end up spending the $$ in fab work that could have gotten you a used version of the new trucks trading yours in lol.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:06 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Can you have someone in the states buy a 2010 like you want and somehow get it re-titled as a 2003??? Since that is basically like making a vehicle disappear (stolen) it might not be possible, but check into it.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Registered

A u.s. military person stationed over there SHOULD be able to get a newer truck shipped in exempt from there rules then possibly sell it to him?

Id try that route.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID
A u.s. military person stationed over there SHOULD be able to get a newer truck shipped in exempt from there rules then possibly sell it to him?

Id try that route.
Thanks, that was a very interesting thought... The case is that Europe have their own safety standards that all manufacturers have to meet or exceed. The process itself cost HUGE money to each type of car/truck. Taxes are also insane, therefore I have given up an import, although that would be the best thing to do....