Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Buying a diesel looking for info >

Buying a diesel looking for info

Notices

Buying a diesel looking for info

Old 02-08-2011, 06:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
these are the mods you do day 1 IMO cheap insurance on a 6.0 ford. Once this is done and the turbo is changed they are a very nice vehicle
I know of several stock trucks, not beat on with head gasket problems. In our area it's around $4k for a head stud kit in, EGR delete and new oil cooler. It doesn't seem to matter how many miles they go at, good buddy lost his on a 2004 at 73k.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts

I`m looking for a new tow vehicle too, (in my price range )Chevy is ugly, Ford has a power choke, Dodge back seat is tiny.

I want a truck that has the Ford body and interior, Dodge motor, and Chevy Allison trans, the best of all worlds

I`ll probably end up with a V10 excursion, if I can find one decent mileage (very rare)
Old 02-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I`m looking for a new tow vehicle too, (in my price range )Chevy is ugly, Ford has a power choke, Dodge back seat is tiny.

I want a truck that has the Ford body and interior, Dodge motor, and Chevy Allison trans, the best of all worlds

I`ll probably end up with a V10 excursion, if I can find one decent mileage (very rare)
Dodge has a crew cab now that's as big as Ford's or GM's. Also the HUGE megacab, biggest in the class.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered

Both Fords I was looking at are a no go but still for sale. The Dodges are all sold within a day or two of listing! WTF??? I have a little more than 2 months till boating season and have expanded my search to 1000+ miles for what I am looking for! I have honestly called on 15 trucks in the last few days and they are all sold just after listing, I had no idea it was going to be this difficult...
Old 02-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I have honestly called on 15 trucks in the last few days and they are all sold just after listing, I had no idea it was going to be this difficult...
I called my dealer buddy and he doesn't have any diesels in stock. Said they are selling like mad right now. He's been trying to get me to sell our 2008 Duramax, might not be a bad idea. I kind of want a DRW ext cab GMC anyway.

I didn't care for the plastic on the hood of the Chevy, do you like the GMC any better? Or is it the body panels you don't like?
Attached Thumbnails Buying a diesel looking for info-dsc07342-large-.jpg  
Old 02-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clean diesels sell fast
Old 02-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by eddie
I called my dealer buddy and he doesn't have any diesels in stock. Said they are selling like mad right now. He's been trying to get me to sell our 2008 Duramax, might not be a bad idea. I kind of want a DRW ext cab GMC anyway.

I didn't care for the plastic on the hood of the Chevy, do you like the GMC any better? Or is it the body panels you don't like?
I dont mind either. I am looking to spend 25K or under though...
Old 02-15-2011, 02:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I dont mind either. I am looking to spend 25K or under though...
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o37438-en.html
Old 02-15-2011, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That ole boy got some use out of that one! Probably still make a great part time toy hauler for many years to come though...
Old 02-15-2011, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
That ole boy got some use out of that one! Probably still make a great part time toy hauler for many years to come though...
I have two 7.3's....... you can't kill those babies! Great truck and engines.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.