Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Is CDL & Wide Load Permit Needed?? >

Is CDL & Wide Load Permit Needed??

Notices

Is CDL & Wide Load Permit Needed??

Old 02-28-2011, 07:14 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle;3337816 [B
It is very unlikely you will be hassled[/B] about width itself. Mine is the same width. Never a problem. Your trailer is legal and from the back the boat doesn't appear that much wider.
It is very unlikely you will be hassled

that could turn out 2 be exxxpensive

on the 33 Daytona we pulled permits from Mira Loma to Il & Chi town to Havazoo

not what you want to hear Dan

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 02-28-2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: spelign
Old 02-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
It is very unlikely you will be hassled

that could turn out 2 be exxxpensive

on the 33 Daytona we pulled permits from Mira Loma to Il & Chi town to Havazoo

not what you want to hear Dan
I am not even going to be able to have a tag much less a CDL by Wed. The tag people tell me no problem with the temp tag for the next 30 days, but this has taken an exciting trip and laid a big pile of do do on it.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
I am not even going to be able to have a tag much less a CDL by Wed. The tag people tell me no problem with the temp tag for the next 30 days, but this has taken an exciting trip and laid a big pile of do do on it.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
My boat is 8'6" wide and 42' long on trailer.
That keeps you under the limit for both width and length that would need a permit. which is great since then you can drive at night and weekends in every state,

In California we can get a non commercial class A license, you may want to check on that.

Having a big truck makes the cops think you are a commercial hauler so you just need to have your paperwork in order.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Banned

Well, after a day of working on it, I now have a CDL medical card. I stood in line for an hour to get a tag and right when I reached the front of the line, a tornado went over the tag office which used to be a bank and they put us in the vault while the storm pounded the building. Needless to say I did not get my tag today. Will have to try again tomorrow.

Last edited by ElimiNordic; 02-28-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I'll just come with you and pull your baby home. I'm cheap just feed me some cheeseburgers. What we need are some more laws. You should have seen me pulling my 14 ft jump ramp down the highway.
Attached Thumbnails Is CDL & Wide Load Permit Needed??-jumpbehindtruck.jpg  

Last edited by SkiDoc; 02-28-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 27daytona
Hell, I get random drug tested now and with a CDL your blood alchohol threshold is .04 so don't even think about that 2nd beer. Big trucks are cool but open up a big can of worms. Doug
Actually some states have a .00 limit for CDL
Using mouthwash with alcohol can get you in trouble
EVEN if your just driving your car around and not towing a damn thing.
Unless you REALLY have to get one its better not to have it.
Cheaper and less headaches to pay a hauler to take your boat to and from a run unless you do a lot of them a year.
__________________________________________________ ___________-
Quote:

Zero Tolerance Law

the government has brought into existence the 'Zero Tolerance Law '.

Who does this law apply to ?

This law applies to all commercial drivers who have even a small trace of alcohol in their systems.
What does this law state ?

The normal DWI and DUI laws have a BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) limit. If anyone shows signs above this limit, then they will be penalized. However, under the Zero tolerance law, drivers who

* hold a Commercial Driver’s license (CDL) should have no trace of alcohol in their system. Their BAC limit should be zero and even if it is a point above that, they will be penalized.

Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 02-28-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Note, If you're a Boat US member, they will get you all setup. I doubt you need a wide load anywhere with 8'6", but they have a service that will get you any permits needed for a discount. Pretty good deal too, just map out your route and go over it with them.

They probably have the CDL requirements for each state as well.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no better mouthwash than Biotene. Yes it's expensive but it's non-alcoholic. I take a hit at night before bed and in the morning.Target is cheapest and they also have the big refill bottles.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:13 AM
Banned

It is amazing how many different slants there are on this CDL license. Because my truck is owned by my company, I am going to go ahead and get a full blow CDL even though here in Georgia, the rules seem to apply to someone using their vehicle for commerce and not for recreation. But, I will not be towing in Georgia and I do not want to be hassled by a DOT or truck inspection cop on the way to a run. Government can sometimes add such a fun layer to your life!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.