Notices

2007 Chevy 2500 tires

Old 03-18-2011, 11:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

I removed the stock 245's on my 2500 and replaced them with 285's on 8" WeldWheels. No more pizza cutters.

What Kind of tires? Michelins. They cost more, but they last forever and give the truck a better ride!

Picture below. This was before we jacked the front up to match the back.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Chevy 2500 tires-truckwheels.jpeg  
Old 03-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the load range "E" pro grade versions. I talked to someone at goodyear today. They want someone to look at the tires and my truck. The guy told me they will figure out what the problem is and take care of it if it is the tires.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OldSchool
I removed the stock 245's on my 2500 and replaced them with 285's on 8" WeldWheels. No more pizza cutters.

What Kind of tires? Michelins. They cost more, but they last forever and give the truck a better ride!

Picture below. This was before we jacked the front up to match the back.
yep the only way to go, i have 17'' h2 hummer wheels on mine with 285/70/17 michelins and i love them
Old 03-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I ran Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's load range E on my Chevy 2500HD. Loved 'em.
I ran the Revo's on my Suburban 2500 that I bought in 2004. The tires lasted a good 65K miles and the truck handled good but the road noise was borderline unbearable. So bad I thought I had bad front hub bearings but it was just the tires. I also had one tire out of 4 that had some kind of wobble in the tread pattern so @ 65 mph the truck would vibrate. Also, the corners of the treads ripped off not long after I bought them. I didn't effect the life of the tire though.

I finally replaced them today. I got the Firestone Transforce AT's. Firestone was having a sale, buy 3 get one free so I paid $700. So far the road noise is minimal to non-existant and it seems to handle well so far. I bought the tires because they have a high treadwear rating like the Revo's.

The rep at Firestone said the Revo's were discontinued. Supposedly they came out with Revo II's which fixed the road noise but I didn't want to chance it.

Last edited by Panther; 03-21-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Registered

285/70/17 BFGoodrich All Terrains on mine. Putting a wider tire than spec'd for a particular rim will create a rounder profile that makes for a squirrely ride. When not towing I run less than the max pressure to keep the tread flat on the pavement for uniform wear and best handling. There are calculations for proper tire pressure you can look up. It's not as simple as what is stated on the door sill. You can also mark your tire with chalk and drive a few feet on smooth concrete while adjusting air pressure till the chalk wears off even. The calculation and the chalk method both equate to about the same psi. Learned all this from oversize tires on a jeep. sorry to be long winded about it, but i chased my tail over poor handling till I learned this.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

If the front end parts are in good shape then recheck the aleignment,,if the toe is off it wil wander..too much air pressure will also do it..try 50 psi in the front tires and take it for a ride and see if their are any changes..