Notices

Latest tests... HD to HD

Old 04-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
Really all 3 HD trucks are pretty comparable now, even Dodge finally put in an interior that doesn't feel like it will fall/rattle apart lol. I think it all comes down to preference, mine is Ford... they just have this solid feel and ride to them that the others don't have and like the interior best of the 3. Can't go wrong with any of them, didn't Dodge just up their numbers to like 800 for torque?
Yes something like 395/800. The new Laramie interiors are light years better than what they replaced, right up there with Ford and GM.

I think with the new dually fenders and front end treatment the Ram is the best looking truck in its class.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I recently bought a 2011 3500 HD crew 4x4 to pull my 36 skater. The first time towing was a pleasure. I know its not fair to compare the 2011 GM to my 99 super duty, but wow what a difference. They have come a long way with the diesels, ride, braking and creature comforts. It pulls my skater effortlessly. We had the wheels off of it to switch tires the other day and it revealed massive wheel hubs and brakes. No wonder it has done so well in the braking tests.
I can tell there are many out there that seem to be loyal to one brand or another. To each his own I guess. You're the one that has to drive whatever, and pay for it. I've had my 99 super duty since December 1998. It's been a great truck. When it came time to update and buy new, everything that I read in magazines and internet including this forum, said buy the new GM. I did. I'm glad. good luck with the Fords and Dodges, they're all good, if its about being loyal to one brand in making your decision you just might be missing out.

Last edited by davidmercury; 04-04-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Another biased one sided test. I bet if Ford payed someone to "test" all their vehicles theirs would be on top.
Too bad they didn`t do a beauty contest cause the Chevy with those retarded oversized fenders and 90`s interior is ugly .
So why don't they? I'm completely open to unbiased tests. Dodge and Ford should "pay" someone to do the tests. Wonder if they already have but have been disappointed by the results.... Possible why they keep upping the hp and tq??

With that said, I would be happy with any of the three. My 98 2500 Suburban with 222K on a 7.4 gas motor is getting a nerve racking to drive. But it still surprisingly runs great.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one of the magazines did a test on both trucks and the gm ate the fords lunch. Ford has been through how many motors sense the 7.3 , if that is light years ahead then they can have it.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:53 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I did my own test, drove Chevy and Ford, liked them both. Bought the Ford because of the way it felt in the seat of the pants. Everyone ought to go to the dealer and test drive them both before they think they know what they're talking about. The durability of the 6.7 is a legitimate concern given the Superduty's recent decade.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Yes something like 395/800. The new Laramie interiors are light years better than what they replaced, right up there with Ford and GM.

I think with the new dually fenders and front end treatment the Ram is the best looking truck in its class.
The new 6.7 Cummins is rated at 350hp, same as last year, but 800 torque at 1600 rpms with no Urea. That will change in 1-2 years. Truck felt strong, but not as strong as the Duramax..which is the lightest of the group. I agree it looks the best, and the interior is very nice, but the Ford interior is nicer, and has better ergernomics. The GM interior is cheap.

I say we do our own test..REAL WORLD TEST...NONE OF THIS MARKETING BS.... Ill pitch in 2 11 trucks equipped the same or close gear ratio's..Ford and GMC and 2 identical 10-11k trailers.. just need the new Dodge with the new torqued up motor. Who has the equipment for testing, and we need a group of guys .. who's in.

Last edited by Jassman; 04-05-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:35 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Jassman;3368700]The new 6.7 Cummins is rated at 350hp, same as last year, but 800 torque at 1600 rpms with no Urea. That will change in 1-2 years. Truck felt strong, but not as strong as the Duramax..which is the lightest of the group. I agree it looks the best, and the interior is very nice, but the Ford interior is nicer, and has better ergernomics. The GM interior is cheap.

End Of Feb I looked into the Dodge. Liked the looks far more than the rest. Priced much better too. The new HP and tq numbers are a 11.5 model yr change. Dealer couldn't order or talk price at that time. Said it wouldn't be available 'til May. Was looking to make it my daily driver and tow vehicle but with the cost of fuel and MPG really crappy...

I thought Ford was priced too high and can't really stand the looks of the GM trucks.

I decided to replace my daily driver (gas guzzling Chrysler Aspen with Hemi). Got a new Lincoln MKT with the Ecoboost (355/350).

Kept my 2000 Ford F350 Dually to pull the boat since I don't tow all that much.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

I always find it entertaining that whomever "sponsors" a test seems to win it. Maybe it's just me ...
Old 04-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=Baja_302;3368746]
Originally Posted by Jassman
The new 6.7 Cummins is rated at 350hp, same as last year, but 800 torque at 1600 rpms with no Urea. That will change in 1-2 years. Truck felt strong, but not as strong as the Duramax..which is the lightest of the group. I agree it looks the best, and the interior is very nice, but the Ford interior is nicer, and has better ergernomics. The GM interior is cheap.

End Of Feb I looked into the Dodge. Liked the looks far more than the rest. Priced much better too. The new HP and tq numbers are a 11.5 model yr change. Dealer couldn't order or talk price at that time. Said it wouldn't be available 'til May. Was looking to make it my daily driver and tow vehicle but with the cost of fuel and MPG really crappy...

I thought Ford was priced too high and can't really stand the looks of the GM trucks.

I decided to replace my daily driver (gas guzzling Chrysler Aspen with Hemi). Got a new Lincoln MKT with the Ecoboost (355/350).

Kept my 2000 Ford F350 Dually to pull the boat since I don't tow all that much.

The new Dodge's are out..the 3/4 ton was 52k and had a few less options than our 55k GM and Ford which are equipped almost the same.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
I always find it entertaining that whomever "sponsors" a test seems to win it. Maybe it's just me ...

See ProStocks comment above. I work for a wireless carrier & we have 3rd partys benchmark our network against the others in major markets. We only publish the markets that our network performed best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.