Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Price comparison by Chevy, Dodge, Ford >

Price comparison by Chevy, Dodge, Ford

Notices

Price comparison by Chevy, Dodge, Ford

Old 04-13-2011, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price comparison by Chevy, Dodge, Ford

I've been looking at the possibility of upgrading to a diesel within the next 6 months. I've just been browsing around dealer sites and notice that as far as pricing goes, Dodge is coming in cheaper than Ford or Chevy.. I'm not to particular to Dodge and am most likely going to get a Silverado 2500HD. I really like my 1500 and really want to stick to Chevy.. I was curious what everyones take is on the 3 and if the lesser of a price is reflecting Dodge quality.. I have not been impressed with their older models.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:28 AM
Blue Oval

Go test drive one of each, might help your answer also.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Simple answer.....ALL NEW DODGE DIESELS ARE MADE IN MEXICO.

Ford/Chevy/GMC are still put together by Americans that are union autoworkers with benefits/retirement etc.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

Ford/Chevy/GMC are still put together by Americans that are union autoworkers with benefits/retirement etc.......
.....Which is why thy cost so much.....

Finished it for you.....

I just picked up a 2005 2500HD Duramax on Monday. 18,250 miles on it, looks like it was never even sat in. Havent been able to pull anything yet other than a 7000# dump trailer full of wood, but can tell that it is going to be impressive.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Philm
.....Which is why thy cost so much.....

Finished it for you.....

I just picked up a 2005 2500HD Duramax on Monday. 18,250 miles on it, looks like it was never even sat in. Havent been able to pull anything yet other than a 7000# dump trailer full of wood, but can tell that it is going to be impressive.
Thats how I got my 1500. Bought it used with 12k miles on it... Still had the plastic on the floor. I think it was a demo before I got it, but love the Chevy. I've been keeping my eye on whats available at the dealership my brother works at (they give me a good trade in and deal on what I buy) and debating what I want to do. They have an 09 2500HD on the lot with 47k miles and looks like its in great condition...
Old 04-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Registered

My 03 duramax crew let me down for the first time this week at 170K miles! Heard a squeal under the hood, somewhat intermitent, brought it by my buddy's shop and he couldn't spot any trouble (he HATES diesels, laughed that how can you hear anything over that diesel noise!). Turns out it was a pulley going bad, it locked up Friday 3 pm (convenient for me....not). Pulley locked, ate belt. I pulled over before the belt snapped but the pulley was so hot the belt popped within seconds. Unfortunately had to get it towed.

0-106K miles- nothing
106K waterpump
135K front wheel bearing (did both sides and first brake job at that time)
145K injectors (covered by GM)
170K pulley

Not bad, I would certainly buy another!

I have bought 9 new GM trucks, all went easily over 100K without any big repairs, still own 4
Old 04-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

You collecting GM trucks?
Old 04-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
You collecting GM trucks?
No......company trucks, my employees drive them!

Wife does have an 09 Yukon though! I just like stuff that doesn't break!
Old 04-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

Ford/Chevy/GMC are still put together by Americans that are union autoworkers with benefits/retirement etc.
Better check again. Look at the country code on the VIN. When I bought a Suburban, half of the ones I looked at were made in Mexico.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JTeam
Better check again. Look at the country code on the VIN. When I bought a Suburban, half of the ones I looked at were made in Mexico.

All of the GM diesels are still made in Flint. You are correct, GM is making some 1500's in Silag, Mexico. I have seen a car lot 1/2 Mexican made 1500's and 1/2 made in Texas so you do have to watch the window sticker because the trucks were identical.

Volkswagen makes ALL VW Jettas/ Beetles in Mexico and Honda makes the CRV there. Ironically the VW IOS (looks like a Golf conv) is made in Portugal but the Golf is made in Wolfsburg. All Mercedes/BMW SUV's are made in the US (Alabama/South Carolina). New one I saw a few weeks ago, some BMW 3 series cars are made in South Africa!

Guess the car business is global after all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.