Notices

Tie Down Tips....

Old 04-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I like that front bowstop they have there. Looks like a nice trailer.
If your reffering to my pic, thanks.....I have to say it is a nice stout piece.....Ace Trailers in Florida.....less then two weeks built and deilvered.....price was great......8.5" I-Beam (18,000lb GVW).....all stainless hardware.....all three axles have electric over hydraulic disc brakes.......torsion suspension.....bow stop.....mounted tool box.....mounted spare rim and tire.....8 lug, 16" Aluminium rims......plenty of bunks....... I'll let you know how it tows in a few weeks..........
Old 04-18-2011, 09:48 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Here are a couple pictures of my setup. 10,000 pound ratchet straps with the spring eye ends I found at the local race shop.

***pay no attention to the scum line on the transom, the boat had sat in the water for two days while we refurbished the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails Tie Down Tips....-final-steps-7-medium-.jpg   Tie Down Tips....-diamond-plate-6-medium-.jpg  
Old 04-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by haulinvols
Here are a couple pictures of my setup. 10,000 pound ratchet straps with the spring eye ends I found at the local race shop.

***pay no attention to the scum line on the transom, the boat had sat in the water for two days while we refurbished the trailer.
OMG !!!! look at that scum line ! what a disgrace !, lol just kidding, just kidding !, nice set up ,I need to do some learnin on tieing down too, i mostly trailer a few blocks to the ramp , never thought about more then two rear tie downs, i think i may start tieing the bow down (besides the cable) too after seeing some pics of boats passing the rig on the high way
Old 04-19-2011, 06:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
If your reffering to my pic, thanks.....I have to say it is a nice stout piece.....Ace Trailers in Florida.....less then two weeks built and deilvered.....price was great......8.5" I-Beam (18,000lb GVW).....all stainless hardware.....all three axles have electric over hydraulic disc brakes.......torsion suspension.....bow stop.....mounted tool box.....mounted spare rim and tire.....8 lug, 16" Aluminium rims......plenty of bunks....... I'll let you know how it tows in a few weeks..........
Yeah - I was talking about the picture. Really looks like a nice trailer, congrats.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
BGIII......what's the capacity on those tie-down straps in the pic...... They sell those exact one's (in a few diff. sizes) in a store a few blocks from my office........
I found the same straps that BGIII has at several stores around town. Almost picked them up at Pep Boy's then realized the exact same straps were 1/2 the price at Home Depot.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:18 PM

I like those straps!! what brand are they????
Old 04-21-2011, 06:57 AM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bigblue
I like those straps!! what brand are they????
I'll have to look when I get home. A lot of companies make similar straps and they can be found at most race shops.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll have to look when I get home. A lot of companies make similar straps and they can be found at most race shops.
Do your straps have the flat snap hook perpendicular to the strap. In your case with the drive guard, it's fine. But if you are running the transom straps vertical up from your trailer like mine, they need to be in the same "plane" with the straps. I like your set-up!
Steve
Old 04-22-2011, 07:53 AM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 509 SC
Do your straps have the flat snap hook perpendicular to the strap. In your case with the drive guard, it's fine. But if you are running the transom straps vertical up from your trailer like mine, they need to be in the same "plane" with the straps. I like your set-up!
Steve
Thanks. Here is a close-up of the rear straps. I know what you are talking about and in some cases the distance between the eye on the transom and the trailer mounting point can be too short for any kind of substantial ratchet strap as well. It was another reason I angled mine out when I rebuilt my trailer. I wanted a strap that was actually going to hold something.
Attached Thumbnails Tie Down Tips....-rear-tie-down.jpg  
Old 04-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks. Here is a close-up of the rear straps. I know what you are talking about and in some cases the distance between the eye on the transom and the trailer mounting point can be too short for any kind of substantial ratchet strap as well. It was another reason I angled mine out when I rebuilt my trailer. I wanted a strap that was actually going to hold something.
Thanks for the closeup, that style won't work in my application.
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.