Notices

Manning trailer paint code

Old 04-21-2011, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Manning trailer paint code

I have a purple Manning trailer that I need to touch up but am having trouble finding a match for the paint. I called Manning and they informed me that it is a Kustom Kolors paint "Passion Pearl PBC 65" to be exact. Well here is the problem, this particular color is a tri coat color with a white base. This is alot of steps just to touch up a few spots. Has anyone here had any luck matching this color with another paint? Every purple I look at is either too dark, too light, too red, or too blue. Not looking to be spot on but some where close.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would try going to a paint supply house for body shops and have them do a computer match, it will either give a stock color or a formula for a match. I just went through this with my Manning trailer. I have the code, but it's Imron, and even the correct color doesn't match. So i went the computer match route, haven't used it yet, but did a test sample and it looks pretty close. Good luck!
Steve
Old 04-22-2011, 04:44 AM
Registered

I stopped at the supply house yesterday and they told me it would be tough to get a computer match on that paint. I glad to know that you were able to do it. That's going to be my next step.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My guess is your trailer is under a Sunsation

We did alot of trailers back in the day for Joe when I owned Manning The purple was a Kustom color to match the boat purple paint. What is under the purple paint it is a light grey primer then the color is sprayed then the clear coat is added to the process (was very expensive to paint ) Later on we found a paint that was close to the same color with out the 3 step process (Only two step)

You can touch it up with original paint just takes a bit of talent and a bit of build up
Old 04-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

The passion pearl in not a 3 stage paint you can shoot it straight out of the can. Also it is made by House of Kolor If you are doing just some touch up find a custom paint shop in your area that may just pour you off a little bit of the paint for touch up. I know we keep house of kolor stuff in stock and have sold small amounts to people who are doing touch ups on things like that. But most of those people are local and we did not ship the paint to them. I would hate to see you buy a whole quart of the paint just for touch up unless you want to spray the areas you are ttouching up.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Registered

Thanks everyone. I think I will need to find a better supply house. They gave me this big song and dance about it could not be mixed or applied in any other way. Now that I know I can get it in a spray can I'm going to look more agressively.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neva satisfied
Thanks everyone. I think I will need to find a better supply house. They gave me this big song and dance about it could not be mixed or applied in any other way. Now that I know I can get it in a spray can I'm going to look more agressively.
I work for Manning Marine. If you are having a hard time finding paint for it, I think we have a bit left in supply. So if you cant find any, email us at ManningMarine.com and i will see if it is possible to ship you some a a reduced cost.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by purplesaurus95
I work for Manning Marine. If you are having a hard time finding paint for it, I think we have a bit left in supply. So if you cant find any, email us at ManningMarine.com and i will see if it is possible to ship you some a a reduced cost.

Thank you so much for the offer. I have managed to find a quart at my local supply house, and they are eager to get rid of it. I am actually shocked that a trailer manufacturer would use such a high end paint. I was not expecting that.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Who owns/runs "Manning Trailers" NOW?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Who owns/runs "Manning Trailers" NOW?

Ron and Pam Manning. Same as always.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.