Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Keep It Or Send It Back ????? 2011 C-2500 >

Keep It Or Send It Back ????? 2011 C-2500

Notices

Keep It Or Send It Back ????? 2011 C-2500

Old 11-25-2011, 07:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainfan42
who the phuck are you ?? the OSO thread Policia ? theres other threads all your usefull knowledge could be used on LOL pic was sent to you ...

Fwd: r to jassman69 - 8 min agoMore Details From: r
Add to: To Do, Calendar
To: jassman69 <[email protected]>.
Cc:.
Bcc:.
Date:Fri, Nov 25, 2011 7:19 am.
Nov24_0006.jpg

Ill look at the pic in a minute..why not just post it on here...we want to see the actual sticker...

its still BS that you can buy these trucks with diesels for that price..Impossible..and you know that...let alone lead people on that they can buy a diesel for that. My relations/friends have both GMC, Ford and Dodge Chrysler dealers..they are having a hard enough time..and the marketplace doesnt need to be screwed up any more than it allready is....A good deal is one thing..a good deal behind their 3% holdback is another..a good deal behing that plus 15% more is impossible.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Yeah but that truck is 10K miles used and a stripper model (cloth seats,rubber floors, base wheels........the other one is a new LT crew cab right?
correct Jupiter was just using it as an example that a 2011 diesel can be bought under 40 K ... my dealer/salesman will be back from the holiday on tuesday morn and we'll decide if i keep the gasser or he locates a duramax .. done bizness with him for years and his Carver is parked 4 slips from my boat
Old 11-25-2011, 02:13 PM

i guess we'll see tuesday morning and if the Vortec is going back to Texas i'm sure he will sell it to ya , he has been in contact with me this a.m. and said the mix up was all at the Texas dealers end and he has no problem shipping it back but will work on it next week and see what they want to do since there's shipping cost here and back there, prep , and detailing.. i'm taking it down to the shop now to drop off a couple jet skis and will take another pic next to my boat with the dealer plate on it ...check your jassman69 email in a few hours ... i have no idea what trucks cost i'm not a car salesman but if Jon tells me he can drop off one with a duramax for $31,900 that is a $40K truck all day long i have to believe what i'm told and he's never done me wrong in all the years .. He's dropped off plenty of trucks in the past and walked the keyes in the office and met my banker for the $$$$$$$$$$$$.. maybe you dont have as good as dealer customer as i'm getting ... he jumps when i call and need another sterling Semi or 6 wheeler
Old 11-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

I have no dog in this hunt, But my opinion of gas vs diesel, does not matter what gas costs, would pass... Diesel is the only way to go in the long run if you plan on using the truck for pulling.

Now to address the dealer.... RELATIONSHIPS are important, if you only care about price and look for every last penny, shop till you drop and have no reciprocation of service etc, you will never gain anyone's trust or best deals...

I too have the relationship where with a phone call a truck shows up in the driveway. I have never taken "advantage" of this relationship so there ever been a reason NOT to have this trust between us...

I value this relationship even more since I moved to a different state/region, Too me since trying to deal locally, I will still travel back to purchase.

Interesting thing is since we have worked together for so many years and have done enough business together, I have never even needed to negotiate price, I always seem to get the best overall deal out there. (just for kicks I have compared at times.)

And in case you think it is BS... My dealer is Symdon Motors in Mt Horeb, WI. They are the best!
Old 11-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been in communication with my salesman for the last 3 weeks as i was looking for a 2011 C-2500 LT 4 X 4 4 door diesel /allison and he located one in Texas and was trading another dealer for it and shipping it to il , got a call monday that he was leaving for the holiday but truck was due in his dealership tuesday and they would run it thru service dept and detail it ..i get a call yesterday that truck will be delivered to my home and keys will be in the mailbox and do the paperwork next week tuesday , now the bad part i go outside this morn and jump in the truck to go to Dunkin donuts and the pop the hood and its a gas job NO DURAMAX under the hood my paperwork for the truck is $31,900 + sales tax i'm thinkin the deal is'nt as sweet as it was suppose to be with the diesel she's a $40K truck ..keep it or have em pick it and keep shoppin ????????????????????????????????????

thanks and happy turkey day

Are you serious?

There is a WORLD of difference between a dmax allison rig and a gasser.

To think you were getting a diesel for 31K is on par with Xray goggles and Sea Monkeys.

This is pretty straightforward - either you blew it - or the dealer did.

Uncle Dave
Old 11-25-2011, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Are you serious?

There is a WORLD of difference between a dmax allison rig and a gasser.

To think you were getting a diesel for 31K is on par with Xray goggles and Sea Monkeys.

This is pretty straightforward - either you blew it - or the dealer did.

Uncle Dave
the dealer did not me , i answered the phone listened and said SOLD ... and have a truck sitting in my driveway and has'nt cost me a penny yet so my question is UD so whats it worth ???? diesal / gas does'nt really matter to me as i was putting my 16 year old in it & its not my pulling truck i have a F-350 but it sounded hard to pass up but if its still a smokin deal anyway i'll sign the papers tuesday ... vehix and Edmunds are'nt much help on this senario the million dollar question is whats it worth with a 6.0 as i know the diesel and allison option is 7 to 8 K option

Last edited by fountainfan42; 11-25-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by bajaholic
I have no dog in this hunt, But my opinion of gas vs diesel, does not matter what gas costs, would pass... Diesel is the only way to go in the long run if you plan on using the truck for pulling.

Now to address the dealer.... RELATIONSHIPS are important, if you only care about price and look for every last penny, shop till you drop and have no reciprocation of service etc, you will never gain anyone's trust or best deals...

I too have the relationship where with a phone call a truck shows up in the driveway. I have never taken "advantage" of this relationship so there ever been a reason NOT to have this trust between us...

I value this relationship even more since I moved to a different state/region, Too me since trying to deal locally, I will still travel back to purchase.

Interesting thing is since we have worked together for so many years and have done enough business together, I have never even needed to negotiate price, I always seem to get the best overall deal out there. (just for kicks I have compared at times.)

And in case you think it is BS... My dealer is Symdon Motors in Mt Horeb, WI. They are the best!
i believe you Baja and sounds like another great dealership relationship, i dont know what there markup is and dont care when i need a truck its there and if this is still a great deal it will go for bedliner,fuel tank,toolbox, next week if not my son will keep driving my wifes car not the end of the world but i hate to pass up a great deal
Old 11-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Registered

the dealer did not me , i answered the phone listened and said SOLD ... and have a truck sitting in my driveway and has'nt cost me a penny yet so my question is UD so whats it worth ???? diesal / gas does'nt really matter to me as i was putting my 16 year old in it & its not my pulling truck i have a F-350 but it sounded hard to pass up but if its still a smokin deal anyway i'll sign the papers tuesday ... vehix and Edmunds are'nt much help on this senario

Hard to say because I dont knowing what it really is as far as ameneties and "stuff" (roof?/ Nav? / extra alternator? locking diff/ Rear end ratio? )

It seems 31K is what you can get a late year used (but likely high mile) gasser 4x4 for with medium amenities.

In comparison a used 2011 Chevy 2500 with a dmax allison, or a 6.7 2011 F250 will go for low 40's to low 50's at this stage.

Actually in this instance I would use auto traders search engine as they allow comparison between three different vehicle and have an "advanced" search that has enough options to work.

UD
Old 11-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Registered

I just ran a loose queerie on autotrader and I can find dozens of trucks fitting your general description for the price range you are paying.

Uncle Dave
Old 11-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Registered

I call BS also. I didn't realize you were the poster about the 6.7 Ford diesel for sale under dealer cost.
Before you defend this post, you never finished or supplied the information about the new Ford 6.7 (dealer and salesman info). Please finish the Ford thread so we can all take advantage of the prices you spoke of from your Ford Dealer.

Now after I purchase a new ford from your dealer, I will also buy a new Chevy from your Chevy Dealer that sells diesel trucks for less than the cost of the same truck with a gas engine. Please give us the information (dealer and salesman) so your fellow OSO brothers can get the same deal you speak.

No need for individual emails, just post on the site so we all can see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.