Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Best source for trailer parts and EoH questions? >

Best source for trailer parts and EoH questions?

Notices

Best source for trailer parts and EoH questions?

Old 12-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Best source for trailer parts and EoH questions?

I was probably going to convert my trailer over to EoH, where's the best/cheapest place to order all the parts from???

While on topic, I assume the only way to go is to install brakes on all three axles, correct? How do I tell if the axles are 7k or 8k axles, or is this something I need to find out from the manufacturer (Myco)?

Any brand of EoH actuator I should look for or avoid when ordering? Is BrakeRite okay?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just spoke with Tim at Myco, it would appear they use 6k axles with 8 lug hubs. So I wonder if the 13" kodiak 7k brake kits (8 lug) are the correct kit to order???
Old 12-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I have used these guys several times with great success. They usually are the cheapest around and the shipping is fast.

http://www.easternmarine.com/
Old 12-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the Brakerite II EOH conversion last spring and love it. At the time, etrailer.com had the best price.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just ordered 6 from trailerpart.com Pretty much was the same price as everywhere else after the discount on 6 brakes. What is important is to find out what spindle is on those axles. I am not sure if the 7K spindle is the same as the 5200-6000 spindle. You may have to mix and match bearings and seals to use an 8 bolt patern on those axles.