Notices

Chevy 2500HD- 6.6D v. 6.0G

Old 12-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by jwurl
I work at a Chevrolet dealer. Both trucks are great. I personaly have a Duramax. My Duramax gets 15-16 mpg around town and 18-19mpg on the highway empty. A 6.0 will average around 10-12 mpg depending how you drive it . When you figure in the mileage compared to the added cost of diesel fuel it still is cheaper to drive a diesel. Diesel in my area runs about the same price as 93 octane gas. The main thing you need to remember is a duramax truck will bring a much better resale value. Very Clean 6-7 year old diesel trucks with 100K miles still bring close to 25K on the lot. I don't know if you are buying new or used??? The new 1500 series Silverados with the 400hp 6.2 litre have a ton of power and somewhere around 11K pound towing capacity. Jeff Wurl

Your mileage is remarkable, I had an 03 Crew Duramax that was closer 12-13 and an all time best of 17 hwy.

On the cost of diesel fuel vs gas......Why would you put premium 93 octane in a truck anyway?

My 2WD SLE 03 was taken in on trade at $8700 and listed on the lot for $10,900. It had 170K miles and marginal tire tread, but never hit/no rust/no issues. Keep in mind I bought that truck Aug '03 brand new for 32K plus tax (MSRP was 43K, but they had crazy rebates on the diesels back in late 03). Truck had cloth buckets, Bose radio but no 4WD/Nav/Sunroof).

I loved the truck but won't miss it as a daily driver.....