Notices

Transom Straps

Old 04-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

protective sleeves
Attached Thumbnails Transom Straps-tie-down-straps-hustler-4-1-12-002-large-.jpg   Transom Straps-tie-down-straps-hustler-4-1-12-006-large-.jpg   Transom Straps-tie-down-straps-hustler-4-1-12-011-large-.jpg  

Transom Straps-tie-down-straps-hustler-4-1-12-017-large-.jpg   Transom Straps-tie-down-straps-hustler-4-1-12-015-large-.jpg  
Old 04-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like those sleeves! Would save me a lot of time trying to keep a towel in between there.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jmeng
I like those sleeves! Would save me a lot of time trying to keep a towel in between there.
On the bow I use a towel and it is even cutting into the alumin,i guess the towel compresses and the pressure of the strap rubs the alum on the bow stop.The rear sleeve is thick and doesn't chafe the paint
Old 04-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Strapping

Cargo securement is a must! During my career, I have seen too many incidents where loads come off of trailers (including boats). So many boaters are neglegent in this area of highway safety. Check out AWdirect.com for your strapping needs. I use six straps, item #TP35B. One on each transom hook to the trailer and four up front from the bow hook. Two of the bow hook straps attach forward of the bow hook and two attach rearward of the bow hook at the trailer attachment points. This prevents fore and aftf movement of the boat on the bunks. The transom straps provide dowward pressure to keep the boat stationary also on the bunks. Each strap has a working load limit of 3670lbs. Check 'em out....
Old 04-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Barrydet
Cargo securement is a must! During my career, I have seen too many incidents where loads come off of trailers (including boats). So many boaters are neglegent in this area of highway safety. Check out AWdirect.com for your strapping needs. I use six straps, item #TP35B. One on each transom hook to the trailer and four up front from the bow hook. Two of the bow hook straps attach forward of the bow hook and two attach rearward of the bow hook at the trailer attachment points. This prevents fore and aftf movement of the boat on the bunks. The transom straps provide dowward pressure to keep the boat stationary also on the bunks. Each strap has a working load limit of 3670lbs. Check 'em out....

Whats the diff in work load ratings??

http://www.awdirect.com/liftall-twis...uck-tie-downs/

10k rating
http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/product/112/TieDowns
http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 04-13-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default working load limits

Manufacturers typically rate securement devices with the nomenclature of "working load limit (WLL)". This number is 1/3 of the breaking or tensile strength of a securement device. All regulatory rules use the WLL number to specify tie-down requirements. Manufacturers always recommend that usage requirements do not exceed the WLL.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:57 PM
TCG
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about you guys but, my bow eye/U-bolt is only so big (27' Boat) I don't really see how you can do 2 straps pulling forward, 2 pulling backward .... and have the winch hook contacted also - That's 5 hooks attached to the bow eye.......... I'd really like to see a pic of that massive bow eye.
I almost forgot add a safety chain also.

Last edited by TCG; 04-13-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default strapping

Disconnect that large winchline hook. The flat snaps on the rachet straps fit just fine. You might use an "in between" hook on a smaller bow hook. Standard formula bow hook configuration. I am not picture savy on posting photos here.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:43 PM
Rob
VIP Member

wonder how much load/lbs it takes to pull OUT a boweye????
Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
wonder how much load/lbs it takes to pull OUT a boweye????
I'ld say about 4 straps worth!
I actually run 2 straps in front going back and the winch strap. Nothing wrong with 4 though!