Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Trailer Tires / Full trailer rebuild >

Trailer Tires / Full trailer rebuild

Notices

Trailer Tires / Full trailer rebuild

Old 04-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer Tires / Full trailer rebuild

Full rebuild on the boat trailer going on... EoH brakes with discs on four wheels, new rollers, bunks, paint, fenders, wheels, tongue jack, safety chains, lights, all new hardware, the works.
29 Fountain with twins sits on it.

I have a relationship where I can buy Falken WildPeak H/T tires for a little over $100 each. I know, I know, not proper "trailer tires" but the specs look like they would be perfect?

LT225/75R/16, E load rated, 80psi max cold, 2880lb capacity each. That gives 11.5k total weight capacity.
Never weighed the boat and trailer, but surely I'm not close to that.
Thoughts?

Also going to try the Stoltz rollers, tired of cleaning the black rubber marks off the white boat.

Any other input would be appreciated regarding which EoH disc brake package to go with, which brake controller, etc. Tow rig is 2012 HD3500 Duramax SRW with OEM brake controller installed.

Boat went into dry storage at the marina yesterday, gonna try and turn this around in a couple weeks. Whole trailer gets soda blasted on Tuesday. Probably a $3k to $4k project even doing it myself, but going for one and done.

Hit me with what you think I should and shouldn't be using.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also considering building a drive guard on the trailer while I'm at it.

Never had one or used one before - or even paid attention at the ramp to others. Anyone have pics on the preferred way to slide / swing them out of the way when launching?

Thanks guys!
Old 04-28-2012, 04:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

I went with the Titan SD EOH kit, and have a Prodigy 90185 brake controller in my Tundra. Prodigy works for both electric on RV and EOH on boat trailer.