Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing >

Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing

Notices

Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing

Old 06-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing

Has anybody else had any problems with the Covercraft the Blue Evolution 4car covers? Mine has started shedding and leaving all kinds of the cover material on the truck, Its like its deteriorating/coming apart,The cover sees little use outside, so it really hasn't seen much outside conditions to cause the break down I have 3 of that same car cover material that are inside stored all the time on my race/showcars,they are older and holding up ok. Im wondering if anybody else has seen this?

Thanks
Rob

They call it Block-it,Kimberly-Clark,GlenRaven Mills.I contacted them they want stand behind it.

here some pictures of the failing cover
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ing%20failing/

Bad busness,they will not stand behind their product
Attached Thumbnails Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing-outdrive-1-14-2010-056-medium-.jpg   Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing-covercraft-evolution-bad-cover-004-custom-.jpg   Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing-covercraft-evolution-bad-cover-007-custom-.jpg  

Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing-covercraft-evolution-bad-cover-044-custom-.jpg   Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing-covercraft-evolution-bad-cover-042-custom-.jpg   Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing-covercraft-evolution-bad-cover-039-custom-.jpg  

Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing-covercraft-evolution-bad-cover-026-custom-.jpg   Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing-covercraft-evolution-bad-cover-020-custom-.jpg   Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing-covercraft-evolution-bad-cover-041-custom-.jpg  

Attached Images  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Old 06-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

that's rediculous!
I'd be pissed about the mess and the lack of support!

I've heard some complaints about late model covercraft quality on the car forums...

BTW, who makes that lower valence on the truck?
Old 06-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem

truck looks amazing! i was gunna ask the same thing
Old 06-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Registered

Yea that lower valence got my attention too. Mine is in all chrome now but if I found that valence/ lower air dam I would have gone with color.

Truck looks great!
Old 06-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Rippem
that's rediculous!
I'd be pissed about the mess and the lack of support!

I've heard some complaints about late model covercraft quality on the car forums...

Thanks I try to keep it up.

pissed? So far Ive posted this on 12 diff web forums.All I am a member of and have post on them,Facebook to,

Hey which car forums?

I still have the first car cover I ever bought for my first car,1966 2+2 Mustang in 1985,it still is in usable condition.My Scarab I had the Sunbrella full cover was 12 years old and in good shape when I sold it,and never was inside,My Hustler full cover was 9 years old when I sold it and Had a new one made out of the new Sunbrella Supreme that has a inner liner material that is like felt so it want scratch the paint or chafe it when the wind blows.

They were making it for Stylin
http://www.stylintrucks.com/ Ive bought alot of stuff from them.
They don't make it anymore which sux!!! The owner at Truckmasters is mainly into jeeps, hell of a good guy!! and Stylin reniged on him on making a bunch of diff airdams,left him hanging, He wasn't real happy,I wish he still made them because nobody makes anything that looks worth a shet for a 03 Chevy/Avalanche front end,A Deer and Taladaga driving school worked on it,lucky so far they were able to repair it,abs plastic I think,

http://www.truckmasterdesigns.com/pageairdamschevy.html

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 06-09-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Covercraft Industries Inc Bob Lichtmann Marty Lichtmann Bad business

more picks of airdam
Attached Thumbnails Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing-oil-pump-12-08-006-large-.jpg   Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing-biloxi-ship-7-25-09-003-large-.jpg   Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing-3-8-09-008-large-.jpg  

Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing-teboy-picks-9-09-015-large-.jpg   Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing-boat-car-show-jan-2010-056-large-.jpg  

Old 06-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

I think it was ChallengerTalk I last seen someone bitcching-
was about seams coming apart though? not the delamination/shedding you have there.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Registered

I saw pics of trucks with air dams like that but when I went searching last year I couldn't find them. I looked at stylin trucks and other mod sites. I settled on all chrome but still have a great appreciation for that style with color.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob, Covercraft maintains a high standard of customer service and will be glad to assist you with this matter. When you contacted us, we requested that the cover be returned to us for inspection (standard procedure for warranty claims) or at least have photos provided. We did not receive the cover and these are the first photos we have seen. As the cover was out of warranty when you contacted us, we felt that we should at least inspect the cover to see what we may do to assist you. We would still like to do that, so please contact us so we may attempt to rectify this situation. 800-426-8377 or [email protected]
Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.