Notices

Looking at Tow vehicles

Old 08-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Before I was a Dodge guy I was a Ford guy. That's a beautiful low-mileage peach! Best thing about Fords is the Cummins will fit.
So will a CAT...they had a F-350 with a turbo 3208/420 HP sitting in it!!! It sold before I got a chance to drive it.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Registered

Well..I'm probably going to catch hell from some of you guys over this but I bought a Cadillac Escalade.

OK...it's a 2005 Escalade ESV Platinum Edition with trailer towing package plus every other thing they come with. It's rated to tow 7800 lbs and has All wheel drive. It's a one owner that belonged to a "Soccer Mom" in 'Lauderdale that traded it in on a new one in July. I have all of the service records from day one and have to say that it had been very well maintained...oil & filter every 5K, transmission, transfer case and differential flushes, cooling system flushes, fuel system...and on and on....new tires 6K miles ago. I got it for 12K so I couldn't resist. Here in Florida we have a 3 day right of rescission to take care of "buyers remorse"...so the first thing I did was come home...hook up the boat and head to the steepest ramp around here at low tide. I didn't sink the trailer but got far enough down a wet ramp at low tide to tell me what I needed to know. The Caddy pulls 7500 lbs up the ramp like a champ.

A big factor in this decision was the use of this vehicle to commute and also my wife driving it...she has a S500 Mercedes but wanted to be comfortable in a big SUV also. I figure with no more than I have in it I can get a diesel truck later.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I am impressed with how well the Escalade tows...especially 65+ on the highway...plenty of power and very stable. The Air Ride suspension does a great job of keeping it level and it rides nicely.

So...that's what I did and why I did it...so far so good.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

IF YOU WANT TO HAUL COAL...BUY A BARGE
BUT IF YOU WANT TO HAUL ASS.....
BUY A FORMULA....

To Tow a Formula in class...
Buy a Cadillac...

Nice Caddy Sprink.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Registered

Formula and Cadillac......... perfect.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

nice buy, I think overall for what you were towing and using the vehicle for this was a much wiser choice.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Registered

Or...I could do one of these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAbgf...hannel&list=UL

OH YEAH
Old 08-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
Well..I'm probably going to catch hell from some of you guys over this but I bought a Cadillac Escalade.

OK...it's a 2005 Escalade ESV Platinum Edition with trailer towing package plus every other thing they come with. It's rated to tow 7800 lbs and has All wheel drive. It's a one owner that belonged to a "Soccer Mom" in 'Lauderdale that traded it in on a new one in July. I have all of the service records from day one and have to say that it had been very well maintained...oil & filter every 5K, transmission, transfer case and differential flushes, cooling system flushes, fuel system...and on and on....new tires 6K miles ago. I got it for 12K so I couldn't resist. Here in Florida we have a 3 day right of rescission to take care of "buyers remorse"...so the first thing I did was come home...hook up the boat and head to the steepest ramp around here at low tide. I didn't sink the trailer but got far enough down a wet ramp at low tide to tell me what I needed to know. The Caddy pulls 7500 lbs up the ramp like a champ.

A big factor in this decision was the use of this vehicle to commute and also my wife driving it...she has a S500 Mercedes but wanted to be comfortable in a big SUV also. I figure with no more than I have in it I can get a diesel truck later.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I am impressed with how well the Escalade tows...especially 65+ on the highway...plenty of power and very stable. The Air Ride suspension does a great job of keeping it level and it rides nicely.

So...that's what I did and why I did it...so far so good.
That's fine for your needs, especially for 12k bucks. Just keep an eye on the air suspension, we were in a friends towing and it gave out, that sucked, and drove like crap lol.