Notices

New Trailer

Old 08-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default New Trailer

Hey I'm looking to purchase a new or like new trailer for my 32 Active Thunder. What is the best company that will work on a trailer to fit my boat??? I'm in western Kentucky.42044 Any dealers out there close to me? Im tired of these trailers that fit anything.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manning Trailers
Old 08-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Manning, I have one very happy. Also Myco makes a very nice one also but more dollars than a Manning.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

My short list of really decent trailer manufacturers includes Manning, Myco, Eagle and Performance. I'm sure there are others though.

BTW: Stay away from anybody who will build you a trailer that you need to adjust to fit. (Venture for instance.) If you want a really good trailer, get one that is custom built and welded together for your exact boat.

Last edited by Too Stroked; 08-09-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Registered

Going to pick up my Manning tomorrow. I can't wait, I've been without the boat for 7 weeks waiting on insurance and then repairs. I had a Venture before that I had to do a lot of work to in order to make it fit the boat right.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Registered

Default Trailer testimonial.

Originally Posted by tfarmer
Hey I'm looking to purchase a new or like new trailer for my 32 Active Thunder. What is the best company that will work on a trailer to fit my boat??? I'm in western Kentucky.42044 Any dealers out there close to me? Im tired of these trailers that fit anything.
I have a Fearless28. Only 24 of these were ever made. So I think it's safe to say that MYCO hasn't made too many trailers for my boat along the way. MYCO made the trailer for the first Fearless boat. Given that fact, I ordered my trailer from them. They built it to the specs on hand. I can't imagine how they could make if fit any better. The boat self aligns as it's pulled or driven on. I have a mark on the winch strap so I know when to stop pulling the boat up onto the trailer. I get a perfectly centered and completely supported boat every time. If and when I buy a bigger boat. It will be MYCO again. I should also mention that the quality of the trailer is second to none in my opinion. I'm sure a quick call to MYCO and they will quickly provide you with a quote and how to deliver the trailer to your location. Hope this testimonial helps.

Fearless010 (Peter)
Old 08-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by still smoking
Going to pick up my Manning tomorrow. I can't wait, I've been without the boat for 7 weeks waiting on insurance and then repairs. I had a Venture before that I had to do a lot of work to in order to make it fit the boat right.
Venture makes a pretty poor trailer if you ask me. Sure, if you're patient enough, you can get one to almost fit perfectly. Sometimes.

Last edited by Too Stroked; 08-09-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
Venture makes a pretty poor trailer if you ask me. Sure, if you're patient enough, you can get one to almost fit perfectly. Sometimes.
It was under the boat when I bought it and basically brand new, but still took some time to get it setup so my wife could load and unload easily. I finally had it setup really well and it would have done the job for a long time but some body else came left of center and totaled it for me so now we are getting a Manning.
Also I never liked the spring suspension under the Venture the spread on the tri axle was really far apart and the middle axle always bounced pretty good at highway speeds.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by still smoking
It was under the boat when I bought it and basically brand new, but still took some time to get it setup so my wife could load and unload easily. I finally had it setup really well and it would have done the job for a long time but some body else came left of center and totaled it for me so now we are getting a Manning.
Also I never liked the spring suspension under the Venture the spread on the tri axle was really far apart and the middle axle always bounced pretty good at highway speeds.

You will love how your new Manning loads, I do mine by myself a lot and the people at the ramp are pretty suprised on how fast I get it on the trailer.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

As for someone fairly close to you, Heritage is still in business and it will be built to fit. Prestige made a great trailer and Heritage bought their assests when they closed their doors a few years back. They are located in Benton, IL (Southern IL). Looks to be less than 100 miles from where you live.

www.heritagetrailers.com

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 08-10-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.