Notices

Post the pics of your rig

Old 12-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by mittens
I have always wondered what would happen if the truck broke down. and figured this but had not seen it.
I have the AAA RV+ membership which covers anything I own or is in my household; and/or anything I am driving; including trailers.

If I break down while towing, they send two tow trucks. I've never used it, but its a great program.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 12-11-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I have the AAA RV+ membership which covers anything i own or is in my household; and/or anything I am driving; including trailers.

If I break down while towing, they send two tow trucks. I've never used it, but its a great program.
I have AAA, I wonder what they do, I dont think I have RV on there, but for some reason thought they would cover a trailer... need to ask
Old 12-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Just added some new wheels and tires...
Attached Thumbnails Post the pics of your rig-2500new1.jpg   Post the pics of your rig-2500new2.jpg   Post the pics of your rig-2500new3.jpg  

Old 12-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 86242ls
When I purchased my 311 I had to sell my half ton 03 Silverado Quadrasteer, I just purchased a 2002 avalanche 2500 with the 8100 to do the job. Any tips on how to wake this thing up?

Hypertech makes a tuner that adds 33HP and 40TQ, but you have to run premium. Combine that with a good intake and free flowing exhaust.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Just added some new wheels and tires...
Sharp! Blacked out wheels on the Manning will complete the package! I had my nerf bars sprayed with bedliner for durability. I've also been quite pleased with the Rustoleum rattle can texture paint with proper prep.

Shiny is sooooo 1987.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Registered

When I purchased my 311 I had to sell my half ton 03 Silverado Quadrasteer, I just purchased a 2002 avalanche 2500 with the 8100 to do the job. Any tips on how to wake this thing up?

You might contact BlackBearPerformance.com for a custom tune and also upgrade the intake and exhaust.

Fin
Old 12-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy
Hypertech makes a tuner that adds 33HP and 40TQ, but you have to run premium. Combine that with a good intake and free flowing exhaust.
Hypertech does not do anything to change the early torque curve; which is what the stock tune retards to save the transmission. This was discussed on another thread recently. The Diablo Predator tuner gives you almost all of the low end torque back, but you do have to be careful with the go-pedal on a stock transmission. This did not adjust engine timing or require high test gas.

86242ls, which gear ratio do you have? The 4.10 will really launch the truck with the torque management removed. The 3.73 will not be as aggressive.

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/g...odes-here.html
Old 12-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Hypertech does not do anything to change the early torque curve; which is what the stock tune retards to save the transmission. This was discussed on another thread recently. The Diablo Predator tuner gives you almost all of the low end torque back, but you do have to be careful with the go-pedal on a stock transmission. This did not adjust engine timing or require high test gas.

86242ls, which gear ratio do you have? The 4.10 will really launch the truck with the torque management removed. The 3.73 will not be as aggressive.

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/g...odes-here.html
This tuck has 3.73's, I wanted 4.10's but I got a really good deal on this truck and I didn't have to travel to far to get it. So far this truck has so much more power than my silverado!!!!! The down low torque is awesome I can wait to put the boat behind it. The factory exhaust has the annoying "pop," sound when heat expanding just like my silverado so it will eventually be changed. Any recommendations for a good cat back with minimal drone inside? I had a Gibson sideswept catback on my silverado and liked it very much, nice sound, no drone, good power.

I will have to look at the hand held tuners, I want some thing that will give me some usable power down low for towing purposes.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Corsa if you don't want drone in the cab.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

This tuck has 3.73's, I wanted 4.10's but I got a really good deal on this truck and I didn't have to travel to far to get it. So far this truck has so much more power than my silverado!!!!! The down low torque is awesome I can wait to put the boat behind it. The factory exhaust has the annoying "pop," sound when heat expanding just like my silverado so it will eventually be changed. Any recommendations for a good cat back with minimal drone inside? I had a Gibson sideswept catback on my silverado and liked it very much, nice sound, no drone, good power.

I will have to look at the hand held tuners, I want some thing that will give me some usable power down low for towing purposes.
I just bought this for my beater 5.9L (gas) Dodge 2500; have not installed it yet:
http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers.php?muffler=vt
The power valve is supposed to combat the drone. I just want it to be loud when I stomp on it. We'll see.

I had true duals with a pair of 50 series Flowmaster 3" stainless custom bent for my AV2500. I paid nearly $900 for it, but it was awesome; and while a little loud in the cab, it was not uncomfortable. Your 3.73 will be better with lower RPMs.

BTW, I had the Hypertech AND the Diablo. I ditched the Hypertech for the Diablo. The Diablo is also an ODBII scanner as well a real time engine monitor; like SmartCraft for truck.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 12-11-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.