Notices

Anybody have a SUV tool drawer?

Old 12-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anybody have a SUV tool drawer?

I'm thinking about ordering one of these to store tools and gear in and was wondering if any of you guys have one or something similar.

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/inde...=3714&addcar=1
Old 12-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good to use in a suv. I dont have a suv but for my trucks i use big heavy steel Rat Packs, its nice to keep everything out of site and in order.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

Looks good but that will hold an awful lot of tools...are you working out of the thing?
Old 12-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JAIME
looks good to use in a suv. I dont have a suv but for my trucks i use big heavy steel Rat Packs, its nice to keep everything out of site and in order.
I looked at the Rat Pack but thought it was too heavy for my use...they weight about 350 lbs!! Good stuff though for a heavy truck.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Looks good but that will hold an awful lot of tools...are you working out of the thing?
I Run about 6: crews at any given time and carry small hand tools,cordless drills, saws, test equipment, etc. I carry enough stuff that if I had to jump in with the guys I would have just about anything I need. Carrying my $hit around in drywall mud buckets ain't getting it if you know what I mean.

My partner and I rotate in and out of being on call nights and weekends and I like to be organized with enough basic small parts to do some simple stuff. If it gets a little "hairy" I call in one of my techs with a van which carries a serious inventory.

My nephew works undercover narcotics and SWAT. His main driver is a new Tahoe with the special suspension, 6.2 Camaro SS engine, unmarked. He uses one of these I found out to carry weapons and ammo. He said it works very well so I'm going to order one for my Escalade ESV.

Stay tuned...I'll report on how it works out for me.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 51 Posts

Call me old fashioned, but I hate to buy anything made of plastic, ABS or similar materials when it comes to tool storage. Make sure you see it in person and not just pic in catalog. Good Luck
Old 12-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sonicss42
Call me old fashioned, but I hate to buy anything made of plastic, ABS or similar materials when it comes to tool storage. Make sure you see it in person and not just pic in catalog. Good Luck
I hear you...based on my nephews experience in LE with this product, I ordered it. If I don't like it...I have 180 days to return for a full refund. With the discounts I paid $285 to my door.