Notices

Myco withTitan Brakerite

Old 01-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by splashandburn
Truck is a 2009 Chevy 2500 with its own controller. From what I see I may need to add something to the truck to make it compatible. All lights and brake lights work. I'm not even hooked up to the truck just using the breakaway battery which registers 12v. As mentioned it hums but just barely audible. Pretty cold up here but I wouldn't think that would matter.
Pull the leads off of that battery and touch the leads to a jump box or something better. It may have 12V on a DMV, but no amps to push.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You need the little black box that wires into the Brakerite controller on the trailer for the GM to work..... Call myco they have them in stock like $80

Pat
Old 01-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The factory brake controller of an 09 will not work with EOH. The EOH system does not have resistance for the controller to read so it will not activate. Electric brakes have resistance through the magnets so the controller will read a hook up and send out a brake signal.

You can get a new controller that will work with both EOH and Electric brake systems. If you have both kinds of trailers that would be the best way to go. If not then you just need to get the EOH to work with a controller.

Some have wired in electric trailer brake magnets on the tow vehicle so a regular Electric brake controller will see the resistance and send out a signal that the EOH can use. I don't care for that method but it works.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Same as above, I don't think your controller is compatible with electic over hydraulic. I had to abandon the built in controller and install an aftermarket. I couldn't figure it out, so I took truck to trailer shop and paid for install. 2010 Chevy 3500 HD They also had to do something with the brake fuse circuit. Has something to do with charging break away battery. If you pull break away switch, break pump makes same lound noise as if you were applying breaks. I screwed up and moved trailer around enough before I if figured out that it wasn't working that I damaged pump motor and ruined battery. Expensive and dangerous. Initially I wasn't worried because truck can easily stop empty trailer.

Andy

Last edited by PremierPOWER; 01-22-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicy
You need the little black box that wires into the Brakerite controller on the trailer for the GM to work..... Call myco they have them in stock like $80

Pat
My mechanic just text me and said he installed the "SD Module" on my trailer so that it works on the truck... 2008 GMC Sierra 2500... didn't touch the truck, we have had to do this on 2 different Myco's over the years for the same truck.

Hope this helps!!

Pat
Old 01-23-2013, 07:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicy
This trailer already has the black box on it. My 2008 GMC never works with EOH brakes either. I was told to add another controller in the truck. The factory unit only seems to work with electric brakes not EOH.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Check the battery on the trailer. If it's not engaging the brakes when you yank the rip cord, the battery is bad OR the brake system is already damaged.

Plug it into a Ford or another truck with a MaxBrake (best one on market) or a Tenkosha.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 01-23-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Talked to both Myco and BrakeRite and it ended up being a bad SD module on the trailer. They were both great to work with - gave me the test procedure and pointed right to the bad part. Thanks for all the help everyone.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
Just steal WRINKLEFACE'S trailer,he solved every trailer problem known.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by splashandburn
Talked to both Myco and BrakeRite and it ended up being a bad SD module on the trailer. They were both great to work with - gave me the test procedure and pointed right to the bad part. Thanks for all the help everyone.
What's a SD module and how do you test for it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.