Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
DPF EGR Tuner Questions - Ford 6.4 >

DPF EGR Tuner Questions - Ford 6.4

Notices

DPF EGR Tuner Questions - Ford 6.4

Old 03-31-2013, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 575cat
The jurys out on that one when theyre good theyre good but when theyre bad theyre way bad , I know the emision crap is not good for any of these dpf trucks .
Right on, they will usually bend a rod if not completely hydrolock when the egr coolers fail.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bought 6.4 . first thing did got a Spartan tuner . Bad Ass . did the dpf . cat delete also . tuned on there 210 tow tune . this thing is insane , smokes minimul. has defuel, and full safty featueres . no more regens for this 6.4 . going to delete the cooler soon .although no 1500 degree exaust flowing anymore to worry about . tuner n pipe readily available . although 1800 bucks . took about three hrs to do the complete overhaul . milage gaines of about 6 miles to the gallon highway so far . Hand calculated . getting 19 on average . with 500 hs to boot . makes my 2005 v 10 with 5.38 pull like a girl . i don't even like to get back into the 05 . although i put on 200 miles today with it and its still a dam nice truck with 58 k on her .
Old 04-28-2013, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 454captiva
Right on, they will usually bend a rod if not completely hydrolock when the egr coolers fail.
i did extensive research and actually cooler failures were very minute on the 6.4 . just for the record . getting rid of the egr . will get rid of the recirculation of junk through the motor . my Spartan on the 210 tow tune will only cycle the egr at idle now . the higher tunes completely disable the fuction . haven't tred any other tunes yet . no need . the 210 simply is unbelievable .