Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
2012 Ford 6.7 engine BLEW UP!!!!! >

2012 Ford 6.7 engine BLEW UP!!!!!

Notices

2012 Ford 6.7 engine BLEW UP!!!!!

Old 05-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one and love it. Best truck I have ever owned. I am a wholesale dealer and I have had them all. Nothing compares to this 6.7. My best friend works for Volvo and they all have f550 service trucks that weigh 19000lbs and he runs the piss out of his and all the trucks have 100,000 plus and zero issues. You just got a bad one?
Old 05-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 129 Likes on 51 Posts

Having been a service manager for a large Ford shop in Tomball TX and the Dodge shop there as well before I just moved to Dallas I can tell you I've seen all of them blow up. The 6.7 PSD has by far been the best since the 7.3 but yes, when they go they "GO"... But most of the stuff we saw was very minor programming or turbo type issues. I have owned a 10 Cummins, 11 6.7 PSD, 12 6.7 Cummins and now a 12 6.7 PSD again (got hit by a drunk driver in the 12 Cummins) and love the Fords feel over the Cummins. Cummins had that nice low end grunt...but on the highway rolling down the road the Ford to me feels like it pulls effortless vs. the Cummins... But that is JMO and opinions are like a$$holes everyone has one. Then again I only get to see the "bad" of everything....

Last edited by HOSSMAN; 05-18-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rbesola
Agreed, never had an issue with my 6.4l. Nor my 6.0l for that matter. But as far as the 6.7l r&d, it started right around the release of the 6.0l ten years ago coined the "scorpion" if anyone recalls. Cummins might have a reputation but the but you can keep the cheap glorified shipping crate it comes in.
I have a Dmax now, but had a 6.0 before that. It was a PITA, but I had it all pretty much sorted out when I traded it in. Ford should have just cut you a check for around 5K to fix the oil cooler, egr, injectors, HPOP, stand pipes and dummy plugs, ect. Once I got all that replaced, i would have towed with it across the country. I actually kinda miss it, believe it or not, just because I had a lot of blood, sweat, and money in that motor. I have a guy I work with that has a 6.7, and wow, I am pretty impressed with it, at least taking it around the block. My cousin has a 6.4 that is a complete beast too. outside of the radiator issue, it has been problem free.