Notices

Yukon Dash cracked?

Old 07-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yukon Dash cracked?

My wife's 2010 Yukon developed a crack on the top of the dash, right at the instrument cluster bubble, this is in the plastic dash cover that essentially wraps around the whole dash. Anyone ever hear of this happening? Truck has never been in an accident, it was not struck or anything just appeared.

We only have 30K miles on it, do you think I can raise a stick with a regional GMC rep? This is probably going to be a costly replacement.

Is it just me or are these things so cheaply made it's not even funny.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will be very costly if you come out of pocket. I would raise a stink and keep working my way up the ladder till it was fixed or I was told to F off. Your issue is it's four years from the current model year and not a wear issue...
Old 07-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Take it in. They are fully aware of it. My Avalanche did it, my Yukon did it, my buddies Silverado did it, my dad's Tahoe did it... They should replace it under warranty. Very common! Most of the ones I've seen were at the corner of the passenger side airbag.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Registered

I forgot to mention that the crack starts at the edge closest to the windshield not at the edge facing the driver, it's definitely a stress type crack.

I realize it's going to be tough to get it covered, Thanks
Old 07-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Registered

Cool thanks for the info, As soon as my wife told me I said , "i'll go on OSO and get some answers" (after I asked her if she hit the dashboard of course)
Old 07-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

they always will say, (huh this is a first ive never seen this before) sad but true.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

if your still under bumper to bumper which means 36k miles / 36 months they will replace it. Ive had a few things replaced in my 07 Silverado(new body style) which essentially is a lot of the same interior parts as your 10 Yukon. GM went way to plasticky on those models and I think the plastic they used was to rigid with not enough flex and they didnt put enough rubber noise dampeners on it, essentially making the stuff constantly rattle and crack. But if your out of warranty youll probably be SOL unless there is a recall or your really close to your warranty ending and GM decides to be nice. The warranty starts the day it was bought so dont know if your the original owner or not.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My business partner has a 2007 Escalade that did it recently...yet my 2005 Escalade is fine. We are reading this with interest...
Old 07-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wifes 07 Tahoe did the same and cracked over by the passenger airbag too. Black interior, Ive seen a couple other black dashes do the same. I found a new dash for 350 but looks like a pita to change out.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Registered

Yeah it looks like a all day job to change out, ours is the light brown/almond dash, we bought used so I am not sure when it was sold, we are at 30K miles.

I'll stop by the dealer over the weekend and report back.

Soldier, I agree 100%, I love the ride and drive train on it but the plastic they use everywhere is beyond cheap, very disappointing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.