Notices

Need expert Chevy truck advise

Old 09-30-2013, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

what dealer was it? if your ever north of buffalo im in lockport at Heinrich chevrolet. ever have a problem stop in and i can take care of you
Old 09-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Hartley Buick GMC in Jamestown NY.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by 88bullet
what dealer was it? if your ever north of buffalo im in lockport at Heinrich chevrolet. ever have a problem stop in and i can take care of you
Old 09-30-2013, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by FIXX
^^^^ listen to smitty,,he is a trans guy,,i would have that dealer give to a guarantee until the suburban hits 100k for that trans to be ok..you should have taken pictures o fit on the side of the road and on the tow truck for proof..yes it may be ok now but knowing what i know i have seen what heat can do to the inside parts of those tran's with all the plastic cage bearings being melted from not having enough fluid in the tran,s
warranty on a 08 drivetrain is 100k...

been doing GM transmissions now for the last 27 years,,I would at least ask them to drop the pan and see if there is anything on the magnet or bottom of the pan..but I bet the fibers have gotten hot

Last edited by boatnt; 09-30-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS
Rule # 1 never go to dealerships period!!!!
Ok I'm not saying that's every dealership, I'm not that mean.... I have had many bad experiences that I don't trust any of them. I am fortunate enough to know how to do my own work, electronically, engine and trans. But smitty seems to know a bit. Sounds like you will be okay. For the record I had a door catch fire and engine over heat and lock. And found through the local hoodlums they were "trying" to blow the trans. Neutral drops doughnuts. I was pretty heated to say the least.
Really??
do you know how many cars we get at the dealership from private shops the fuk them up??I have to go to GM training all the time to keep up with the new cars,,
do you really think a private shop or a car owner knows more about a car then a factory trained Master Tech?
we get private shops calling us or stoping by with questions ALL the time,,,I never go to them..

Last edited by boatnt; 09-30-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh I'm sure! It can go both ways down this way. I worked for a high performance engine building shop and we did a lot of engine rebuilding, machining, flywheel resurfacing, cut rotors, cleaning, for them. That was not just gm dealerships either Toyota, ford, dodge the works. There are a lot of younger guys "my generation" (28) that I'm not even proud of that we're working at these dealerships and they seem to have there head up there butt and not to mention they hit the reefer as well. ALOT But that was the "well known" bob bell dealership in Dundalk Md. to be exact that used to have a good reputation. And now I think they have moved but around my way if you don't know somebody working in the shop or have a good relationship with that dealer. Then there's a good chance they may miss something or abuse it If it's something nice. Not every time but I don't trust them. Forgot to put antifreeze back in the engine after water pump change / removed trans, AWD transfer case, exhaust( it was the starter) making a noise. 06 AWD Ss trailblazer with 30k miles. Then found out through people in my age group and a local car show gathering after talking to few guys they said "oh yea we have one of those in the shop my buddy was trying to do burn outs with it and neutral drop to see if the trans would break since that's what it was in there for anyway" I said it wouldnt be bob bell Chevrolet would it and is it a red ss. He laughed and said "hahah yea why?" Well because that's mine!!!and it's AWD! And they didn't know about reverse polarity for the window switch that caught fire (later confirmed it was a recall) But thanks for the great info! And they left the duct tape residue on the paint!!! And to top it off Shaffer and Stromenger dodge in white marsh. Wrecked my neighbors 6 month old dodge as it was in to have the carpet replaced (hurricane iIsabell) they cleaned it "not replaced" and said it was new. Then wrecked it and tried hiding the fact that the lot boy spun it out into a pole and busted the tire. They replaced the tire and repainted the whole passenger side hoping he wouldn't notice. Well he did and they basically said sorry about your bad luck 2 weeks later The manager said this! They are no longer in business. And my last rant (sorry guys) dealership I bought my truck from had the oil changed since first one is free. After the oil change next day oil light came on. Huh? Checked underneath. They didn't screw the filter on all the way and it started turning out. 4 twist and it was back to tight. Overall I myself and friends have had horrible experiences from dealer ships. But not saying that happens to everyone. Maybe it's this area??? Or maybe it's my luck and I am very patient person. Rant off. Just wanted to clarify my reasoning and history/ sorry to hijack the thread OP. I hope your trans is ok. And have a safe trip.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

That's the way it is around here. 1 or 2 master techs that can't babysit the fleet if idiots. I was one of the master techs so I know.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Registered

Oh I'm sure! It can go both ways down this way. I worked for a high performance engine building shop and we did a lot of engine rebuilding, machining, flywheel resurfacing, cut rotors, cleaning, for them. That was not just gm dealerships either Toyota, ford, dodge the works. There are a lot of younger guys "my generation" (28) that I'm not even proud of that we're working at these dealerships and they seem to have there head up there butt and not to mention they hit the reefer as well. ALOT But that was the "well known" bob bell dealership in Dundalk Md. to be exact that used to have a good reputation. And now I think they have moved but around my way if you don't know somebody working in the shop or have a good relationship with that dealer. Then there's a good chance they may miss something or abuse it If it's something nice. Not every time but I don't trust them. Forgot to put antifreeze back in the engine after water pump change / removed trans, AWD transfer case, exhaust( it was the starter) making a noise. 06 AWD Ss trailblazer with 30k miles. Then found out through people in my age group and a local car show gathering after talking to few guys they said "oh yea we have one of those in the shop my buddy was trying to do burn outs with it and neutral drop to see if the trans would break since that's what it was in there for anyway" I said it wouldnt be bob bell Chevrolet would it and is it a red ss. He laughed and said "hahah yea why?" Well because that's mine!!!and it's AWD! And they didn't know about reverse polarity for the window switch that caught fire (later confirmed it was a recall) But thanks for the great info! And they left the duct tape residue on the paint!!! And to top it off Shaffer and Stromenger dodge in white marsh. Wrecked my neighbors 6 month old dodge as it was in to have the carpet replaced (hurricane iIsabell) they cleaned it "not replaced" and said it was new. Then wrecked it and tried hiding the fact that the lot boy spun it out into a pole and busted the tire. They replaced the tire and repainted the whole passenger side hoping he wouldn't notice. Well he did and they basically said sorry about your bad luck 2 weeks later The manager said this! They are no longer in business. And my last rant (sorry guys) dealership I bought my truck from had the oil changed since first one is free. After the oil change next day oil light came on. Huh? Checked underneath. They didn't screw the filter on all the way and it started turning out. 4 twist and it was back to tight. Overall I myself and friends have had horrible experiences from dealer ships. But not saying that happens to everyone. Maybe it's this area??? Or maybe it's my luck and I am very patient person. Rant off. Just wanted to clarify my reasoning and history/ sorry to hijack the thread OP. I hope your trans is ok. And have a safe trip.
man thats not a dealership,, thats a 3 ring circus...
sounds like nobody gives a $hit and they need a new service director...
Old 10-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lil red
That's the way it is around here. 1 or 2 master techs that can't babysit the fleet if idiots. I was one of the master techs so I know.
Yep,,,things seem to be going that way,,I think a lot of the smart guys are getting out..
Old 10-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

Rule # 1 never go to dealerships period!!!!
Ok I'm not saying that's every dealership, I'm not that mean.... I have had many bad experiences that I don't trust any of them. I am fortunate enough to know how to do my own work, electronically, engine and trans. But smitty seems to know a bit. Sounds like you will be okay. For the record I had a door catch fire and engine over heat and lock. And found through the local hoodlums they were "trying" to blow the trans. Neutral drops doughnuts. I was pretty heated to say the least.
My number one rule is NEVER LEAVE YOUR CAR ANYWHERE! I always wait there, if it drives out I'm watching. I would flip out if any of your issues happened to me. I have quite a few friends that work at dealerships and repair shops. Your issues happen not just at dealers I'm sorry to say. Luckily I do most of my own work or know a good quality person if need be. It sucks relying on other people for sure.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Took the Burb for a 160 mile trip today. Everything seemed fine, temp was good, shifted fine and no leaks. Hopefully everything is good but will take the boat for a short 30 mile haul to check it out with a load.

Thanks for all the help!

Padraig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.