Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Looking for a price on shipping NC to NY >

Looking for a price on shipping NC to NY

Notices

Looking for a price on shipping NC to NY

Old 10-25-2013, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a price on shipping NC to NY

Im looking for a quote to have a 24' pontoon boat (tritoon) transported from lake Norman in NC to Amsterdam, NY 12010. The boat currently does not have a trailer. I will be getting a trailer for it and I can either have it sent to where the boat is in NC or if someone has an open trailer that's coming this way I can have the trailer sent to a local marina here and we can hoist the boat off your trailer. Would be looking sometime in November, relatively flexible on the time-frame. best contact for me is e-mail. rjsnyder17 at yahoo.com.

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Try Uship.com. To ship in general your probably looking at $2 a mile maybe more, then if your requesting somebodyelses trailer and requiring extra download work probably a little more.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:10 PM
Registered

PM sent.

Be very careful with uShip.

uShip does not require haulers to be licensed or insured. While there are some good guys, the illegal weekend warriors out number 100 to 1.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dagah2x
Im looking for a quote to have a 24' pontoon boat (tritoon) transported from lake Norman in NC to Amsterdam, NY 12010. The boat currently does not have a trailer. I will be getting a trailer for it and I can either have it sent to where the boat is in NC or if someone has an open trailer that's coming this way I can have the trailer sent to a local marina here and we can hoist the boat off your trailer. Would be looking sometime in November, relatively flexible on the time-frame. best contact for me is e-mail. rjsnyder17 at yahoo.com.

Thanks!
Email sent. Will be heading north from Jacksonville next week with an empty 53 ft transport trailer.
Thanks, Pat
Old 10-31-2013, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OceanRoadsTrans
PM sent.

Be very careful with uShip.

uShip does not require haulers to be licensed or insured. While there are some good guys, the illegal weekend warriors out number 100 to 1.
great point but thats standard with anybody you use
Old 11-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Not sure if this has taken place yet but I might have a 34 foot scarab I need brought from Ct to NC, no trailer either. This might help price wise if there is a round trip involved.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 88Spyder
Not sure if this has taken place yet but I might have a 34 foot scarab I need brought from Ct to NC, no trailer either. This might help price wise if there is a round trip involved.
I did trade emails with dagah2x about this but didn't hear back before the Jacksonville trip. Just got back from Jacksonville but if you both needed these jobs done I could help.............you'd both get transport for about 1/2 $$ from normal pricing if we could coordinate the timing. Get in touch if interested.

Thanks, Pat
[email protected]