Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Ford Settles Claims on 6.0 Diesel engines >

Ford Settles Claims on 6.0 Diesel engines

Notices

Ford Settles Claims on 6.0 Diesel engines

Old 12-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love mine too. I did a lot a research before buying and realized that they had issues but all are easily corrected. Also learned that you should keep them stock and not crank up the boost. I bought a monitor prior to purchasing and looked at the ECT and EOT deltas before buying. After buying I immediately installed a coolant filter.

Lastly, I try to take it for a spin weekly, these motors need to be driven and driven hard!

Bottom line, 2007 F350 Dually Lariat FX4 loaded with 41K on it. If I need to put some money in her sobeit. Pulls my boat great!
Old 12-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i bought a new one in 2005,it made it 79,000 miles before it had its problems,then the head gaskets went,dealer repaired it and my cost was 100 dollars,2 weeks later the turbo took a chit,dealer repaired it,my cost 100 dollars.then the 5 year or 100thousand mile engine warranty is out of time so i sold it as i dont trust it anymore.it was a great truck with a pos engine.end of story.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts

I loved the way my 6.0 ran, when it ran. Tough to make money with a truck that only runs 3 weeks a month. I now drive a 7.3.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been a Ford truck owner for 35 years, stait 6, V8's, and V10's, and never had a problem with any of them ever. Then I bought an 08 6.4! I don't think it was much better than the 6.0. Blew up turbo's, coolant leak issues, and injector wiring loom issues, that all cost me deductable's. I just traded it on a 6.7. I hope they got it right this time or Ford will loose a long time customer, I won't be burnt twice, and I would like to get the deductables back on that 6.4!
Old 12-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i bought a new one in 2005,it made it 79,000 miles before it had its problems,then the head gaskets went,dealer repaired it and my cost was 100 dollars,2 weeks later the turbo took a chit,dealer repaired it,my cost 100 dollars.then the 5 year or 100thousand mile engine warranty is out of time so i sold it as i dont trust it anymore.it was a great truck with a pos engine.end of story.
Yep. Bought mine new in 2004. Its awesome dropping 50k for a pickup truck, and having nothing but engine troubles. I don't know whats an easy fix about replacing head gaskets on a 6.0L.

Not only did mine have engine problems starting at 10k miles, (head gaskets, egr cooler, rear main leak), my A/C went out at 38k miles, front ball joints and 4x4 hubs were toast at 60k miles, front rotors were junk by then, stabilizer link busted, had a hub bearing go south. What a champion of a vehicle. Now, my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland I bought new, has 150k miles on it. I just changed the spark plugs the first time a month ago. Other than that, its had oil changes, set of brake pads, and a tail light bulb burn out. Im a happy customer on that.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

6.0 is great once you fix the issues. I had my service work done under warranty at 45k miles. I am now at 87k miles and no problems. I had ford put ARP head studs in and I back doored the egr delete to the mechanic doing the work. Pulls my 31ss easily. Every truck has their issues, pick your poison.

Last edited by ttuton; 12-01-2013 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Fat fingers on an iphone
Old 12-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Yep. Bought mine new in 2004. Its awesome dropping 50k for a pickup truck, and having nothing but engine troubles. I don't know whats an easy fix about replacing head gaskets on a 6.0L.

Not only did mine have engine problems starting at 10k miles, (head gaskets, egr cooler, rear main leak), my A/C went out at 38k miles, front ball joints and 4x4 hubs were toast at 60k miles, front rotors were junk by then, stabilizer link busted, had a hub bearing go south. What a champion of a vehicle. Now, my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland I bought new, has 150k miles on it. I just changed the spark plugs the first time a month ago. Other than that, its had oil changes, set of brake pads, and a tail light bulb burn out. Im a happy customer on that.
150k on spark plugs.........ha no Powerstroke ever needs those done!
Old 12-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dave krehbiel
I have been a Ford truck owner for 35 years, stait 6, V8's, and V10's, and never had a problem with any of them ever. Then I bought an 08 6.4! I don't think it was much better than the 6.0. Blew up turbo's, coolant leak issues, and injector wiring loom issues, that all cost me deductable's. I just traded it on a 6.7. I hope they got it right this time or Ford will loose a long time customer, I won't be burnt twice, and I would like to get the deductables back on that 6.4!
We have a 178k on one of the first 6.7's and its been rock solid, 97% towing at minimum a full hydraulic boat trailer seems to have issues figured out,
what worries me is issues with the dpf systems as they get older, we are starting to have issues where I work commercially, Ryder truck rental
Old 12-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 88242LS
We have a 178k on one of the first 6.7's and its been rock solid, 97% towing at minimum a full hydraulic boat trailer seems to have issues figured out,
what worries me is issues with the dpf systems as they get older, we are starting to have issues where I work commercially, Ryder truck rental
A buddy started having DPF issues on his ford. He ended up pulling the filter off and power washing it out. He said it works.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ttuton
6.0 is great once you fix the issues. I had my service work done under warranty at 45k miles. I am now at 87k miles and no problems. I had ford put ARP head studs in and I back doored the egr delete to the mechanic doing the work. Pulls my 31ss easily. Every truck has their issues, pick your poison.
What year truck is it? The later 6.0s were better.

Every truck has their issues? Not sure that is true. Have an 02 Avalanche, nothing but problems, have an 08 duramax and have NO issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.