Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
good bad or ugly ford dodge chevy 1/2 ton >

good bad or ugly ford dodge chevy 1/2 ton

Notices

good bad or ugly ford dodge chevy 1/2 ton

Old 01-20-2014, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the Ford dealer will get another 150 off the lot.

I was curious about the BS regarding fuel mileage. I will have to drive the eco boost then the small v-8 and see the difference. The Tundra is a big truck but not crazy about the looks. I had a F150 4x4 lariat for around town and the f350 dually to pull the boat but those days are over for awhile lol. 3 yr comeback for this kid the great depression almost took me the $$$$ out !!
Old 01-20-2014, 08:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Go drive a 2007 and up Tundra. I was astounded at how much I really liked the truck.

I honestly can't believe I am typing that; especially since I've only had Big-3 trucks, (currently a 1-ton Ford, 3/4-ton Dodge, and just sold 1/2-ton GM; owned two other GMs in past).

I was shopping used trucks, loaded, leather etc. etc. for a daily driver. Before I knew it, I was l looking at tricked out, lifted, tweaked out Tundras. I took a step back, and bought another boat instead; putting off the daily driver purchase for the moment. But I'll jump on a Tundra CrewMax Limited 4x4 if I find a deal in a heartbeat.
you bought another boat ? or speaking from the past ?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ziemer
I've got 45k on my FX4 EcoBoost F150 Super Crew. Have had no issues to date and love it. Pulls my 30 with no issues. Good mileage for what it is. I'm consistenly 18-19 mpg, however it's all in how you drive and how hard the turbos are working.
Seems like there's a lot of people claiming that MPG. I don't even hot rod mine and I'm getting 15-16 consistently. I think that MPG is possible if you're doing a lot of 60 MPH. Seems like MPG takes a nose dive on 70+ MPH interstates which I do frequently.

Absolutely love the truck, but the gas mileage is a long way from advertised.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:32 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by state1310
you bought another boat ? or speaking from the past ?
Yes, I have a new toy in the garage. It goes "meow" and looks like a kitchen appliance.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 01-20-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:20 PM
Registered

I have to say that I loved my 2013 Ram 1500 4X4, I drove all three and choose the Dodge because the interior was the most comfortable, high grade materials, and most non truck look (very European). Love the looks and features it offered and there's no replacement for displacement concerning the engine, I hear the Eco boost has been having wet weather proplems and everyone I know that has one said there's no difference in gas mileage under load and they wish they went with the V-8.

When all is said and done buy the one that makes you happy because everyone has an opinion,but the Ram was the one for me.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mseuro
I hear the Eco boost has been having wet weather proplems and everyone I know that has one said there's no difference in gas mileage under load and they wish they went with the V-8.
Was an issue on the '11 and early 12's and has since been resolved. I haven't had any issues with mine. And yes, under load the mileage is not any better or worse then any other gas truck.

For higway driving, the truck loves 60-65 mph and will easily settle in the low 20's and over 70 you can find a couple sweet spots, but I did find cruise control will definitely drop the mileage down. Setting it anywhere from 75-80 will pull it down a couple mpg's.

As for displacement, the turbos definitely do a good job of making up for it. I'd be willing to bet this little 3.5 would out run any of the other trucks mentioned so far from a red light.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Yes, I have a new toy in the garage. It goes "meow" and looks like a kitchen appliance.
hmm.....
Old 01-21-2014, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mseuro
I have to say that I loved my 2013 Ram 1500 4X4, I drove all three and choose the Dodge because the interior was the most comfortable, high grade materials, and most non truck look (very European). Love the looks and features it offered and there's no replacement for displacement concerning the engine, I hear the Eco boost has been having wet weather proplems and everyone I know that has one said there's no difference in gas mileage under load and they wish they went with the V-8.

When all is said and done buy the one that makes you happy because everyone has an opinion,but the Ram was the one for me.
That's my choice right there.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd love a new Sierra 6.2 package non denali, so its not locked in 24/7 on the other hand i want a Denali in the worst way!
Old 03-25-2014, 10:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 88242LS
I'd love a new Sierra 6.2 package non denali, so its not locked in 24/7 on the other hand i want a Denali in the worst way!
I'm not 100%, but at least 99% sure that the new denalis are no longer awd. ��

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.