Notices

Truck Transport

Old 01-22-2014, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck Transport

Looking to purchase a Ford F250 in Lake Charles Louisiana (I live near Syracuse NY). If i do go through with the purchase there are two options. Fly down inspect the vehicle myself and drive it home. I calculated I would be spending $1,200 to $1,500 in expenses including flight, hotel, and fuel. Option two purchase the vehicle sight unseen and have it shipped. I requested a quote for shipping at two different sites, interstate haulers and uship and waiting a reply. What do u guys suggest?
Old 01-22-2014, 07:45 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

What year is the truck? I hate to generalize, but any vehicles that were around that region during the Katrina and associated storms/floods; scare me. I'd have to lay eyes on it.

I just used U-ship last week to drag a boat from TX to VA, and it was a decent experience. I got a deal on the haul as I found a hauler that lived near me, who happened to be in TX, and was heading home. However, the hauler and his brother (in it together) were both very arrogant, knowing they had a steal of a price, and pushing me because of it; and would not own up to minor damage they did to the trailer.

I flew to TX a couple years ago to buy a custom Tahoe. On paper and in pictures, it was everything I wanted. I took one lap around the block and called for a taxi back to the airport. If it's a significant purchase, I really feel as though I need to trust my own eyes.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought my 7.3 F250 from Alabama last summer. I flew down for about $350, inspected the truck, and drove it home for about $350.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt buy chit without seeing /driving . just bought a slammed harley in la . cost me extra 2 k to fly and put me own eyes on it . besides my insurance wouldnt cover it till i took ownership . transfer of title . in my hands . according to my carrier this was only way to have coverage .. american family ..
Old 01-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, I was weighing heavily on flying out there and you guys just made my mind up. The truck is an older 7.3 ford and I didn’t think about Hurricane Katrina damage. I did ask for a “carfax” report on the truck but have not received it yet.

2002 Ford F250
Vin# 3FTNW21FX2MA22753