Notices

Oil jelled after 4357 miles

Old 06-11-2014, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Interesting situation. I've been changing my own oil in 20 + new vehicles since 1987. I never keep receipts for oil/filters nor do I keep any kind of written maintenance log. I believe that will now change. Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remind,s me of back in the late 70,s quaker state had oil that would turn to jello below freezing .
Old 06-13-2014, 09:46 AM
Registered

Update. Picked up van today. Did not charge me 1 penny. Since truck had 43,456 miles on it, I figured I was going to have to pay say $50-$100. + for oil, filter and coolant, but they charged me nothing. I went and thanked the service manager and told him I was surprised that I was paying nothing.

They put a new motor in the truck

I have some pictures showing the oil pan and bottom end of motor. I will be posting later today.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Interesting situation. I've been changing my own oil in 20 + new vehicles since 1987. I never keep receipts for oil/filters nor do I keep any kind of written maintenance log. I believe that will now change. Thanks for sharing.

I do not keep a log or receipts for oil filter for my personal vehicles either. That has since this changed.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbojack
I do not keep a log or receipts for oil filter for my personal vehicles either. That has since this changed.
I bought my first car in '79 and have never paid anyone to change oil. I bought my first new car in '87 and never gave a thought to oil changes in terms of warranty if something goes wrong with the engine. I will definitely document everything from this point on. The only "documentation" I would have is the guys at the local Advanced Auto that let me dump my 3, 5-gallon jugs of used oil every so often.