Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Warning FORD 6.7L STOP SAFELY NOW EGT sensor malfunction >

Warning FORD 6.7L STOP SAFELY NOW EGT sensor malfunction

Notices

Warning FORD 6.7L STOP SAFELY NOW EGT sensor malfunction

Old 12-31-2014, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I did not realize the warranty deal till after i already bought the truck. I have owned diesels all my life and always had 100k mile warranty on them so never even gave it a thought. I have 42k on mine now and the only problem I have with it is the death wobble when I hit a bump wrong. I am looking at new trucks right today and trying to decide between another ford or a chevy both diesel of course lol
Old 12-31-2014, 09:46 AM
Registered

Okay, I now think my head is going to explode, I am now learning there is a 5y/50,000m warranty for emission components on the 6.7 Diesels.

Electronic Engine Control Sensors and Switches are covered under the emission coverage which doesn't seem right if, again, their failure shuts down the engine.

Thanks for the heads up to all of this Jamie77905, if I ever have to deal with what you went through I'll at least know what I am in for!

Have a Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2014, 09:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jamie77905
Yeah I did not realize the warranty deal till after i already bought the truck. I have owned diesels all my life and always had 100k mile warranty on them so never even gave it a thought. I have 42k on mine now and the only problem I have with it is the death wobble when I hit a bump wrong. I am looking at new trucks right today and trying to decide between another ford or a chevy both diesel of course lol
I have heard of the death wobble on these trucks but again knock on wood my doesn't exhibit that. The only time I had a steering issues was when I put a leveling kit on a 2001 F-250 Powerstroke and when I pulled the track bar re-locater that the kit came with it went away, but that is not the current issue.

They are both very nice trucks and I have owned for the Ford and GMC diesels and I liked them both. But I don't see me going back to a GMC anytime soon, I just really like these new Super Duty trucks too much right now.

Good luck with the new purchase no matter which one you go with.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:58 AM
Registered

Okay I am done!

The 7y/70,000m warranty that I referenced is emission coverage for California!
Old 12-31-2014, 06:12 PM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

I have a 2012 F250 bought new November of 2011. Just flipped 70k no troubles, did one recall/ replacement of the nox sensor. Other than that just oil and filters changed. Lots of towing our 29 Laveycraft to Powell and Havasu and my wife uses it for her daily work driver. Very Happy with it!!!
Old 02-25-2015, 10:01 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

This happened to me yesterday 12 F350 ... left me stranded, needed a tow.

Truck has 53K and dealer just called, said that all (4) sensors are reading 1000+°F and need to be replaced plus they are going to do the reflash update.

Anyone have any luck getting these parts and labor under warranty? Dealer said those components fall under the 3/36 warranty.

just under $ 900 to replace all 4 including labor.

Pissed that Ford knows of the problem issue, fixed the Ambo's and left the remaining owners high and dry to fix their problem.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That is total BS if they don't cover it. Guess Ford felt more obligated to fixing the ambulances in fear of lawsuits from big healthcare corps and left the guys that use these trucks everyday high and dry.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by hp500efi

Pissed that Ford knows of the problem issue, fixed the Ambo's and left the remaining owners high and dry to fix their problem.
I drive a 6-leaker, don't get me started on what Ford should have been recalled.....

I had this EGT probe emission warranty discussion with my GM tech buddy back in Jan. He confirmed it, I was wrong on the EPA mileage coverage for trucks outside CA. Not the same as cars that is... 5/50 then it's your problem.
To which I say, then the EPA shouldn't have a problem with us straight piping these trucks at 50k because they allowed the manufacture off the hook. Knowing full well each would only build parts to meet that milestone. What a joke..

Because your only 3k over, I'd ask the dealer to submit a warranty claim for you and see if their rep is in a giving mood today. Take the wife in, let her test drive a new car before you go over to the service dept..

I'd certainly have it re-flashed, but not at the dealership if I owned it.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

my 2011 has 22,500 miles.i got a letter from ford last week informing me of this problem and that is is covered under the 5 year or 100000 warranty.i took in in yesterday,it was fixed in 2 hrs at no cost.ford is aware of this problem.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's good news .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.