Notices

Ford fuel pump

Old 01-15-2015, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FIXX
if you have access to a lift then pulling the bed would be easier if the bolts come loose..i have the straps on the tank,,you have to run a tap over the threads first to clean the threaded part to get the nut off the strap or the strap breaks..
Good to know, i have two straps also.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buck35
Good to know, i have two straps also.
Buck,,if you ordered a airtex send it back,,they are sh!t..you will be doing it again in a few month's..
Old 01-16-2015, 08:37 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

I disagree. Airtex is worse than schit.

I wish they never existed.

They cost me lots of money and time and bad customer mojo.

Should have been wiped off the parts map years and years ago,

Go to hell Airtex.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sb
i disagree. Airtex is worse than schit.

I wish they never existed.

They cost me lots of money and time and bad customer mojo.

Should have been wiped off the parts map years and years ago,

go to hell airtex.
lmfao!

my brother inlaw was hurting for money so like a bumb azz i ordered one for like 38 bucks over the ep385 ac delco one..well after i put the fuel in the tank i turned the ing on and herd a ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip and that was it..the phucking pump locked up..

Last edited by FIXX; 01-16-2015 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:43 PM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by FIXX
SB,,when you go the the dealer it comes in a ac delco box..delfi is the module part of gm but yes napa had the delfi brand..
I'm not sure how you meant to word it, but I love AcDelco pars for GM stuff...electronics mostly. Anyway, I shop Delphi at aftmkt parts stores (the NAPA reference was just one reference) and at the Dealer. Sometimes aftmkt selling Delphi is cheaper, sometimes Dealer is...depending on part. Obviously, sometimes it comes down to who can get me my crack, I mean parts, faster.

I brought up Delphi here cause I almost exclusively use Delphi fuelp pumps....especially for GM.

Airtex is brutal.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:53 PM
SB
Registered

I probably sold 50 or more Airtex pumps in a short time before the first failed...then the second...than the third....than the 4th...on and on and fUking on and got damn f*king on.

Warranty ? Huh ? What mutha fker warranty ? No labor...no nuthin...but we'll send you another one. Then onto "maybe you are installing them wrong" and then "maybe you are sabotoging them." Those quotes from 1tech help + a supposed engineer and 2nd from the distributor...in case someone from that company ends up seeing this thread.

They have nothing to lose when all the blame is on the installer and/or reseller.

Hell's too nice of a place for poser manufacturers.

Way better if I took the $$$ out of my pocket and thrown it in the street. I'd have no labor involved and would have happy people liking me.

Thus why I get bitter with other poser manufacturers too...Procomp obviously is modeled the same way.

Last edited by SB; 01-16-2015 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by buck35
Well my pump came in so I checked out the tank again, pump is under extra cab so ill be dropping it, or just lowering it I hope .lol
thanks again, ken
Tank extends under the cab but pump is under the bed. But I DO NOT CONDONE TRYING TO REMOVE THE BED. It's a lot harder to scratch the bed by dropping the tank. And easier to fix those bolts than bed bolts. But again just my opinion.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recently had a Delphi go bad in 6 weeks. Good part was it was in a Ford Escape (don't have to pull tank). Bad part, it was my wifes Escape.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:47 AM
Registered

Yes I was warned, I bit the bullet and ordered through the local dealer.550, chaching .
Old 01-17-2015, 04:08 PM
Registered

Okay, so2 bolts 3 screws, 3 hoseclamps later the tank is down but the pump will not come out , I see on the new one a couple clips whichseem to need squeezed, but nuttn, wtf?
lil red if you did this on a 29 midmount in 90 mins.your hired !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.