Notices

I Pushed the Blue Button

Old 03-10-2015, 06:42 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have a 2015 Denali D-max and do not pay for the Onstar service, the basic is free for 5 years. With the Onstar and MY GMC apps on my I-phone I can unlock doors, find my truck and start it. My 6 month free part ran out last month but everything I need still works. I did the wait game with the Sirius radio and got a deal for both my vehicles for 6 months but I have to catch it before it expires and play the game again.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 366 Likes on 245 Posts

i had a car stolen once, called the police, they tracked it down, and were able to stop the thieves while running away with the car! got the car back, and it saved me an insurance claim and off course a great deductible!
can t complain about onstar here! and that was with the free basic program!
Old 03-10-2015, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 2001 Buick Century, and back then it was a $3000.00 option that some how my wife could not live with out, after the sales person filled her head that she and the children safety were at stake, well I took a 4 year loan on the car and after 3 years, I was contacted by Onstar and they told me that I was no longer going to be able to use my Onstar option, because it was analog based and they were going to digital, they offered no compensation or nothing they just dropped me, yet I was still paying for the car and the unit that was in the trunk that used up 1/4 of the trunk space, so ask me what I think of on star, I have bought other new cars and trucks since then and have disabled it right at the dealership before leaving the lot.

Dean

Last edited by soggy bottom; 03-10-2015 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 366 Likes on 245 Posts

I respect that! but why not use it while it's free and it could save headaches?
Old 03-10-2015, 07:41 AM
Registered

I get a free 6 month of everything I think and then get some basic stuff for 5 years. But the kicker is they want you to pony up the $35/month for full service after the 6 month trial. I might do it, but will wait. I like the idea of waiting them out ans
d seeing if the price drops.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by brian41
I also have a 2015 Denali D-max and do not pay for the Onstar service, the basic is free for 5 years. With the Onstar and MY GMC apps on my I-phone I can unlock doors, find my truck and start it. My 6 month free part ran out last month but everything I need still works. I did the wait game with the Sirius radio and got a deal for both my vehicles for 6 months but I have to catch it before it expires and play the game again.
I just ran my HTC cell phone through the laundry. My pants were clean but my phone was hosed!

I figured I'd get one of the phones that support the OnStar app to replace it. But I have insurance coverage on the HTC and they replace it with an identical one. Damn! The mobile app would be one of the things I might actually use.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff32
I respect that! but why not use it while it's free and it could save headaches?
I am very old school and proud off it, and I feel that if I did take there free offer that, I would have accepted the way I was duped and treated by them, and would have had more of a toll on my self respect, then any headaches I could ever had or avoided by not using the service. I did not have that service all my life until then and had managed to survive with out it and still have to this day.

Dean
Old 03-10-2015, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

We have on star in our 09 Sierra. We keep a few minutes of talk time on the phone part of it. it has come in handy in the past because it gets service when cell phones don't.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by brian41

I get 5 months of Sirius for $20 everytime......Works like a charm...Call and tell them I want to cancel because it's too expensive and listen to the offers...I have cut it off a time or 2 and within a few days they were calling with better deals..
Old 03-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I have a friend super paranoid about "big brother" watching. He disabled the OnStar somehow.

Had a neighbor get into a pretty serious wreck in an Avalanche. Airbag blew, truck ended up in a ditch and he awoke to OnStar operator talking to him.....for a minute he thought he was dead and angels were talking to him!
there is a fuse you can remove...had to disable in my truck to change to a tuned ecm from duramax tuner, after complete just put fuse back in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.