Notices

Getting truck title

Old 03-10-2015, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 4,354 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Default Getting truck title

I bought my truck Jan 19th. from Texas. Still haven`t gotten the title and I own the guy a balance. My temp plate is expiring in a couple weeks, cant transfer plates or get new ones without a title. WTH? How long does it usually take?
Old 03-10-2015, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well if you owe a guy a balance that could be the problem .. i want to buy my trucks where you buy them .. lol . .. my trucks i buy from watts in utah .. three weeks is the longest ive ever waited .. id be on a plane to texas ..
Old 03-10-2015, 06:03 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,131 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Good thing you still fit on the tricycle.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Usually texas titles are fast couple weeks(depends how fast they take in the title work, and pay off floor plan on truck to receive title from them) The dealer can issue you another temp tag (e tag) and email it to you so you can print it out.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:30 PM
Registered

This dealer bought the truck from another dealer and that dealer is slow on getting the title..thats his story anyway. I held back $10K just for situations like this, you`d think he`d want that $$ ?
Hmm
Old 03-10-2015, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

That truck is starting to become a black cloud man! Just give it to me, and end all the aggravation. Heck, gimme the boat too. You'll be so much happier spending your time attending the tricycle swap meets and shows.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how do you hold back ten k .. is he putting a lein on the title till you pay the 10k .. or is he sending you a clear title and hope youre good on youre word .. like most are .. but i surely wouldnt ever do a deal like that .. there has to be some kind of stipulation here . to cover both parties of interest ..
Old 03-10-2015, 09:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 86 Likes on 41 Posts

Dunno about Illinois or Tx but in Mi it is illegal to issue more than 1 temp tag. It happens & used to be common but the state is cracking down to prevent situations such as you're describing.

The "dealer got it from another dealer, which is why he doesn't have the title" story would concern me a bit.

In Mi the vehicle isn't supposed to be sold unless the dealer has the title in his possession. Most dealers are wary of paying another dealer for a vehicle they don't have title to because 1) it's unsellable and 2) most floor plan sources won't fund a vehicle without a title. The exception is off lease vehicles purchased at auction because the finance source (usually) held the title so it takes a week to 10 days to get the title….but again, here in MI the vehicle can't legally be offered for sale unless the dealer has the title in his possession.

The story isn't that the title got lost in the mail, correct? So what's the story ? It could be a perfectly legitimate deal, but it sounds fishy to me that you aren't getting more of an explanation than "they haven't gotten the title from the other dealer yet".

good luck

s

1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:54 AM
Registered

I called the Texas DMV this morning and it turn out a lien was recently satisfied and the title was released yesterday.. so hopefully soon
Old 03-12-2015, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sometimes it happens when going thru dealerships...seen cases in va where they issued another temp tag, not sure if that still happens or not...but checking with DMV there was the thing to do...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.