Notices

Ram 1500 Air ride, who has it?

Old 07-24-2015, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Ram 1500 Air ride, who has it?

Who out there is towing with the newer Rams with the factory air ride? and what are your thoughts on it?
Old 07-08-2016, 09:26 AM
Registered

reviving on old post, anybody towing with one?
Old 07-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only thing I can add. My friend has a 2014. Pulls a 24' fun mover trailer loaded with race bikes fuel and tools. Total weight is close to 8000 lbs and loves it. And his trailer loads the bikes in front section.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

a friend of mine has a ram with it. he says he really likes it. pulls a 25 nordic rage with it. i am pretty sure his s/n on here is Torchlk. i will see if i can get him to chime in
Old 07-08-2016, 11:13 AM
Registered

cool, i'm considering a new one and curious how stable the rear end is with 800-1000 tongue weight. i like the idea behind the airbags and not having to do the work myself. vs buying a 1500 silverado and adding bags and a compressor. however a spring rear and has to have more stability i feel that independent... IDK
Old 07-08-2016, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the factory air suspension in my 2013 Laramie 1500. It's worked great for me... Pulling the boat the truck stays at a perfect level and has zero squat. Adjusts everything automatically. Stays very stable too
Old 07-08-2016, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had factory air ride on a Ford Expedition almost 20 years ago now, wow.... Anyway, the rear bags were connected so the air could flow back and forth, which allowed a chine-walking experience. So, ever since, when adding airbags to a truck, I keep the two bags separate. You might want to check on that with the 1500 Dodge.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chart
Had factory air ride on a Ford Expedition almost 20 years ago now, wow.... Anyway, the rear bags were connected so the air could flow back and forth, which allowed a chine-walking experience. So, ever since, when adding airbags to a truck, I keep the two bags separate. You might want to check on that with the 1500 Dodge.
yeah not sure on the air path, but i do know all 4 corners have their own level valve on them.

almost anything will be better than what i am using now,(03 Tahoe with air shocks and load e tires) even at only city speeds to the launch there is a good amount of chine walk or that spongy rear end feel and under power and under suspension, my 5 mile trip to the launch and back it does ok, but the very few times it had to actually go to the dealer i had to pay them to come and pick it up for the hour drive because it wouldn't feel comfortable driving on the highway with it... would like to stay with a 1500 truck for the fact it is going to be a daily driver but don't want to buy a truck and have the same problem...