Notices

Mannin Tri Axel Trailers

Old 08-09-2015, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 414 Likes on 244 Posts

If you have 4" between the top of the fender and tire it sounds like your axles are shot or they are the wrong rating axle.

I have 1 1/2" to 2" now between my tire and fender and I have no problems.

I can not post pictures here but can email you some pictures if you send me your email address. I can take some of the spacers in place but it won't show much. I had some pictures of the finished plates when I made them but I had lost the computer they were on. I might have the pictures backed up but would have to look for them.

I just ordered some 6061 Aluminum plate (I run an aluminum trailer), off of Ebay. I can try to find the seller I have purchased from many times if you would like. You can get the stock in many thicknesses, lengths and widths. I just cut the plate down to the length and width I wanted. I cut slots in the plate to match the slots in the axle for the bolts to bolt through. I used my mill to cut the slots and finish off the plates but you could do it with a drill and other common tools. Don't forget to align the axles to the trailer and each other so the trailer tracks straight and the tires wear correctly.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by underpsi68
If you have 4" between the top of the fender and tire it sounds like your axles are shot or they are the wrong rating axle.

I have 1 1/2" to 2" now between my tire and fender and I have no problems.

I can not post pictures here but can email you some pictures if you send me your email address. I can take some of the spacers in place but it won't show much. I had some pictures of the finished plates when I made them but I had lost the computer they were on. I might have the pictures backed up but would have to look for

I just ordered some 6061 Aluminum plate (I run an aluminum trailer), off of Ebay. I can try to find the seller I have purchased from many times if you would like. You can get the stock in many thicknesses, lengths and widths. I just cut the plate down to the length and width I wanted. I cut slots in the plate to match the slots in the axle for the bolts to bolt through. I used my mill to cut the slots and finish off the plates but you could do it with a drill and other common tools. Don't forget to align the axles to the trailer and each other so the trailer tracks straight and the tires wear correctly.

You lost me on the 4" axel to fender clearance I think you might have confused my post with the one just prior to yours...anyway I will be back at he lake this weekend and will take some good pictures of the trailer and the axels. I have also been working with Manning to determine the correct fender clearance.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same thing happen with my manning about a month ago. Same situation with the tire separating. Was always fine until the tire gave away, and it is fine again. Put some new tires on it and forget about it.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 414 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by bigredbaja
You lost me on the 4" axel to fender clearance I think you might have confused my post with the one just prior to yours...anyway I will be back at he lake this weekend and will take some good pictures of the trailer and the axels. I have also been working with Manning to determine the correct fender clearance.
Yes I'm sorry. I thought that.was your post. That's what happens when I'm tired.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Triple axle with 35 Fountain on it, Manning I have about 3 inches.