Notices

Getting closer!

Old 09-21-2015, 06:32 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
Always wanted a low mileage all original truck and paid a premium for it but what sucks is now that i have it i dont wanna drive it lol. It just sits in the garage and gets rubbed with a micro fiber once in a while
EXACTLY why I have this picture of this one, on it's way down the road with the new owner who loves it.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by dsparis
Why ?
Why Not???? Did you happen to read what he typed?
Old 09-25-2015, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glassdave
get the F out! . . . that is bad ASS! How the heck did you find one? Did many make it up here? Man thats just to friggin cool, I dream often about building my own new Bronco using a new full size F150 as a starting point.
I sold my Grand Cherokee SRT-8 to a kid in the Marines at Camp Pendelton and deiviered it to him. While making plans to head out to San Diego I figured I'd look for a rust free toy to bring back and play with or flip. I have owned 4 old school Ramchargers over the years but around here they have all rusted into the ground. So while searching Searchtempest this thing popped up as an ad on Ebay listed as a 2000 Tahoe? So after I dropped the SRT-8 off in San Diego I drove up to Fresno and picked it up, as far as I can tell there are less than 20 of them in the states. Mine is the only Cummins powered one I've heard of. The entire drivetrain is out of the White Ram I drove to your shop last year to pick up my supplies. The truck got an honest 24 MPG on the highway at 75 MPH,

I also bought this while I was out there:

78 Dodge 318 3 speed on the tree Manual steering Manual brakes Radio delete. Not one spec of rust anywhere. I had to leave it at a storage yard in Barstow because the Ramcharger was on the trailer. I flew out to Ontario 3 weeks later, took a Bus to Barstow and drove it home. It was sold before I even flew back out there... The stuff in Hesperia and Barstow is unbelievable and cheap I paid 1200$ for the truck and 4500 for the Ramcharger. You can park stuff out there, and 20 years later and the only thing that happened is the seats got cooked and the paint faded. If you look at the 78 the grey spot on the door is where the mirror reflected the sun and cooked the paint right off.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:29 PM
Registered

Old 09-25-2015, 10:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Kickass! Did you convert to 4x4 as well?
No Just to a 2500. The frame mounting points are the same so I just put new bushings, balljoints, tier rods etc on the arms and knuckles from the donor truck.
4 WD would pose a few problems, mainly the fuel tank is right where the transfer case would need to go. I could do a passenger side drop transfer case, and an early Dodge or Chevy Dana 60, but then I'd run into ABS and steering issues along with figuring out how to mount a track bar on a passenger side drop front axle. Anyways I have a Ram Quad Cab Short bed V-10 4WD and a Wrangler.

The Ram has been stuck in body shop hell for 3 years, and the Wrangler is still running and driving, but I'm collecting parts to stretch it into an Unlimited with a 5.9 Magnum V8. That will be resumed when my 27 Magnum is finished (Yeah I have a project problem... I also have a 1953 Plymouth Wagon at another body shop, and a 1970 Plymouth Sattelite shell that will become a Superbird Clone someday)

Last edited by murfman; 09-25-2015 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Registered

So far I've put 2100 miles on it since I put it together about 500 of those towing, I've averaged 19 MPG since the swap total Only issue to date is I'm still chasing an ABS issue, other than that it runs great and rides nice especially on the highway at ~ 70-80 MPH