Notices

Zip 71

Old 12-29-2015, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts
Default Zip 71

I am looking at a 2013 Z 71 Suburban. While I have owned a few Suburbans I am not familiar with the Z 71. Any have/had one? Sounds like the biggest difference is a stiffer suspension. How did you like it?

Padraig
Old 12-29-2015, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

From what I've heard is the z71 package is an off road package. Skid plates, shocks and springs. Possibly a g80 locker for the rear.

But I'm a mopar man, so it's all hearsay.

Last time I was in the Chevy dealer here, I threatened to put a brick on the throttle and let her run(3500 duramax) right through it. Poor customer service, long story. Hope your dealer is better. Lol.

Iirc it was what I mentioned above, suspension, skid plates, limited slip/ locker.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:53 PM
Registered

Sounds like it should tow even better with the heavier suspension.

I am not impressed with the dealer that has it but I have a good GMC dealer that takes care of me.

Padraig
Old 12-30-2015, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Is it a gmc suburban, or Chevy? When I had to take my truck in for injectors, I had to take it to a Chevy dealer for warranty reasons. They wouldn't let me take it to the much better gmc dealer.

Just some food for thought.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:21 AM
Registered

It is a Chevy, Burb. Never had a problem taking my other Chevy in to a GMC for Warranty work, all though I never needed much. It is used so may not be an issue.

Thanks,

Padraig
Old 12-30-2015, 09:20 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts

"Optional is a Z71 Off Road package that adds an off-road suspension with high-pressure gas shocks, 18-inch on/off-road tires, skid plates, a high-capacity air cleaner, auto-locking differential and front recovery hooks. Z71 equipped trucks get a different look too. Z71 cosmetic upgrades include large body-color wheel flares, chrome tubular running boards, and an aggressive front fascia with chrome grille insert, plus leather seats and brushed metal trim inside."

taken off another site

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 01-03-2016, 07:19 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Do not count on the Z71 package to offer any improvement on towing over a truck without that package. The only thing that would change towing characteristics would be wheel & tire size.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:55 PM
Registered

I am happy with the way my Suburban LT tows the VR1 so I thought the heavier suspension might be a tad better. However it sold before I could set up a test drive. I did like the way it looked. Guess I keep looking

Thanks everyone!

Padraig