Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Trailer brake control with remote display >

Trailer brake control with remote display

Notices

Trailer brake control with remote display

Old 03-03-2016, 06:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Get the maxbrake, i have it and love it. Mount it anywhere, set it and forget it.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:18 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I have the MaxBrake that US1Fountain is advertising, and it's the best one out there, period. But it's not out there anymore. Used is the only option. I'm considering buying his just to have a spare for my F-350; and I also had it wrapped in woodgrain vinyl to match my dash. In my second truck, I have a Tenkosha Prodigy P3. It also works well, but it's an inertia based controller, so not my favorite.

The DirectLink is the new controller from the folks that made the MaxBrake. It get's brake system pressure electronically from your OBD-II system, and sends the signal to the trailer. Some folks have added a second OBD-II port to there truck, or installed a Y-cable, just to mount the controller up out of the way under the dash, with the remote then routed somewhere more convenient.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:43 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I see a price increase coming about
Old 05-18-2016, 01:12 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Jon, did you end up buying this for your Chevy? http://www.brakecontroller.com/direclink.htm

If so, how does it work?

The GF is bringing home an ML350 Bluetec Diesel, and we need something for her vintage camper with electric brakes.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:15 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Brian, I have not purchased it yet. Once I ran into the structure issue with the boat it kind of got side tracked. Boat is a lot lighter with out power in it! GRRRRR Anyhow I did a TON of research and the seem to be very well regarded and I am not anticipating any issues. This will be what I get when the time is right.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:27 PM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Jon, did you end up buying this for your Chevy? http://www.brakecontroller.com/direclink.htm

If so, how does it work?

The GF is bringing home an ML350 Bluetec Diesel, and we need something for her vintage camper with electric brakes.
Actually , I purchased this for my Ram 2500 diesel to tow my Manning EOH trailer under my Top Gun - so far seems to work extremely well.